Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - strange shadows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 8
Signos: 675
Dawn Court Scholar
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 16 — Atk: 4 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I breathe deeply the bitter salt air, letting it fill my lungs with the sting of lost loves and time immemorial. I have found myself drawn to the sea again as the seasons have turned to something warm against my pelt. The breeze that wafts up from the edge of the world keeps my skin cool as the midday sun blazes unabashed in the sky. I recall the taste of my last visit to the sea and a chill ripples through me, electric and exciting. It was here that I learned how to live and love this world I had been brought to, even if I had not realized it at the time. 

My mind wanders to the figure that had come forth from the sea, and was of her. I wonder if she is there now, beneath the waves, waiting for night to fall and to lure others to her inky world. I wonder if I would follow her as I had once been so desperate to do. Perhaps, I think I would, if she were to show herself to me again. If I were to be graced with her presence. Though I have come to understand that gods do not regularly walk the realms of Novus, she I think is an exception, regardless of her words to me assuring otherwise. I have been blessed to know deities in many forms, and I would be remiss to have called her anything but. 

I watch the shoreline, breathing in time with the wash of the tide. Gulls in the far distance swoop and dive to the waters, looking for goodies to scoop up. Shells deposit themselves upon the sands before being lifted away back where they came from. The dull slosh of the ocean as she reaches for me creates a melody to my audits. I flick my banner behind me, keeping just enough distance between me and the high tide. I remember what it is like to step into her beckoning waters and it takes a good measure of restraint to not fall into her embrace. Still, the sea whispers her sweet-nothings to me like a tired lover begging me to bed. 

I close my eyes and listen to her words, how sweet, how bitter they must be. If I focus, I think I just might be able to make out clearly her desires. Another breeze pushes my veil-covered tresses away from my body, the bells adorning my antlers trickle like rain and I embrace her. I fill my bodice with the sweet air and hold it as long as I dare, sucking all the oxygen from that breath and imbuing myself with all its power. The salt is a cleansing thing, and to be sure, I feel the darkness leave my body like a cloud of thick smoke as I exhale. 

“Thank you,” I whisper to none in particular, my lids still half closed as I enjoy the sensations of the world around me. But it is the height of summer, and surely there will be souls along this stretch of beach soon enough. Still, I enjoy the moments of peace while I have them.

The only good thing about a shattered heart
you put the pieces back together however you want

« r » || @Meira 

lyrics

Messages In This Thread
strange shadows - by Torielle - 12-30-2020, 10:12 AM
RE: strange shadows - by Meira - 01-08-2021, 10:03 PM
RE: strange shadows - by Torielle - 01-08-2021, 10:40 PM
RE: strange shadows - by Meira - 01-08-2021, 11:06 PM
RE: strange shadows - by Torielle - 01-08-2021, 11:36 PM