Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - There's No Looking Up For Heaven

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

It would be wrong to say that the two stallions are like one. Both pegasi, true, but besides that they differ in stature, coloring. I can't help but detect a slight difference in personality, though it's hard to pinpoint with such a small conversation. Somnus is the first to reply to my question and I listen with idle curiosity. My silvery eyes dance between the two, watching the unspoken communication, the way they touch wings as they follow me into the sunlight. Vhallen. It sounds lovely, and a gentle smile slips onto my otherwise gruff maw. Traveling to a new beginning. Both searching for purpose. What happened? The question is on my lips, about to spill, but there's more unspoken words. Not between anyone, but in their minds. What Somnus and Ulric tell me out loud is all the information that they care to provide. Prodding on my end will do no good.

And so I don't ask, but the thought of what might have happened buries itself in the back of my mind, cataloguing for the future. No intent, just information. He considers both questions posed to him - first about his role in the Night Court, then about Damaris. Wanna meet these Dawn Courtesans, eh? There's a rustling in the brush, and soon the midnight hound trots out of the shadows of the trees. Clenched in her jaws is a rabbit, still clinging to life as she stops by my side, lying down. She watches both Somnus and Ulric as she audibly cracks the spine of the rabbit, and the rodent falls limp. I roll my eyes and snort. You're about to tell them what I am. I'm sure they're not fools to think I'm a meek little puppy. A small growl comes from her as she begins to rip the rabbit, gnawing on the small carcass.

I glance at the stallions, gauging their reaction. I don't apologize for Damaris's manners, or lack thereof. In the back of my mind, a stray thought passes through: she's starting to take after me. "Damaris is a hellhound. I found her in an egg when I was in Helovia, my last home." A warm contentment washes through me, bringing a smile to my face that reaches my eyes. "I am sure there are others like her, other hellhounds. But I have never seen them myself." I stare in silence as the rabbit becomes an unrecognizable carnage, chunks quickly disappearing down the hound's throat.

"As for the Night Court.... I have only been there a short time, but I am the Warden there. When I first came to Novus I was drawn to Solterra, but found myself... at odds... with some of the members. I have more friends in Denocte, with a greater freedom of spirit." An honest, in depth answer. I think of the Solterrans I briefly met. They weren't bad folks, but if Maxence was representative of the population as a whole, and based off our meager interactions.... It was a good choice to head south.

WC: 505
Tag: @Ulric @Somnus

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Ulric - 08-14-2017, 09:45 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Rostislav - 08-15-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Somnus - 08-15-2017, 09:24 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Ulric - 08-17-2017, 08:10 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Rostislav - 08-18-2017, 08:55 PM