Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - all i know is i won't go speechless

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Salome. It was an interesting name but it seemed to roll easily off her tongue. The syllables were more elegant than her own name, but Katniss didn’t mind. Each individual had their own unique names, their own unique histories. Each one was different from the next and it made for an interesting group that called themselves Denocte. She would remember the mares name, long after she had come and gone.

However, when she asks if she is new, she surprised to learn that Salome has lived here most of her life. Katniss has been here for years, but Salome’s face is not a face she recognizes. Not only that, but she does not smell of Novus. Perhaps she is bathed in perfumes and oils that mask the scent.

As she further explains that most of her life she’s lived in the mountains of Denocte, Katniss looks at her curiously. “I spend a lot of time in the mountains. Why is it that I haven’t seen you before?” Perhaps she had devoted herself to Caligo. Many go into the mountains to worship and pray. Perhaps Salome is one of those types.

At her suggesting of accompanying her to Denocte as a means to give her courage, Katniss nods. “Why do you need extra courage?” What had happened that made her fearful. Was it something that she needed to learn about? Did she need to stay on guard. She remained relaxed, telling herself that she would not go jumping to conclusions until she had all the facts.

As she falls into step with Salome, silence seems to surround them. It’s not awkward, but peaceful. It is Salome who breaks the silence with a statement that could not be more true. “Aye, it is so different than when I first arrived.” Isra had been Sovereign and Terrestella was living within Denocte as a haven from the floods. That had been what she walked in on. But now, so many things had changed. Rulers had changed and people had come and gone. There was little left that was the same, but she supposed it all meant that Denocte was growing. “How long have you been gone?” Perhaps if she knew how long the mare had been away from Denocte, perhaps she could fill her in on the more pertinent changes.

@Salome

Messages In This Thread
all i know is i won't go speechless - by Katniss - 01-03-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: all i know is i won't go speechless - by Katniss - 01-20-2021, 06:44 AM