Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - His Corner of the Forest

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Tatrahis [PM] Posts: 13 — Threads: 4
Signos: 110
Inactive Character

A
gloom draped itself over Lovis and veiled his features. Quite suddenly the scroll before him was the most interesting thing to be found. Head bowed he scanned its text but could not say what it was that he read. He fixated on a stain that marred the parchment. Knowing it to be a fruitless labor he attempted brushing the mark away. Deeper he sunk himself into the cushions once he had given up the task.

Blinded by annoyance Lovis had not seen how spent Willfur was. Now that he had, Lovis felt the barbed stinging of shame for having even bothered the fellow.

How apparent it was that Willfur was a man without rest, driven ever on by beasts nipping at his heels. What a misery it was to be hunted by monsters no other can see. If he had found reprieve in the library Lovis would not be the brute who wrenched it away.

Picking his reading back up Lovis peered over it and regarded Willfur with a keen eye. He studied the man. He willed himself to make visible what it was haunted him. Lovis wondered if they were beasts of the sort that he could aid the weary man in slaying.

A sigh parted his lips, "Do not ask me. It is not my permission to give." He warmed his tone, "Were it mine, however," he offered a small smile, "I would insist that you remain as you are."

"Lovis, of Dawn Court." There was always a swell of pride in tying his being to Delumine. It might be said that it had been lifetimes since Lovis had been in love and that he would have little remembrance of a lover's touch. However that would be a misleading truth.

Lovis had never stopped being deeply, perhaps even madly in love. Unlike the lustful desires of most men, it was not flesh that lit the fire in his chest but instead the sprawling expanse of his homeland.

Link to Artist
Link to Table Base

@Willfur

Ameameridian

Messages In This Thread
His Corner of the Forest - by Lovis - 01-04-2021, 08:01 PM
RE: His Corner of the Forest - by Willfur - 01-05-2021, 01:15 PM
RE: His Corner of the Forest - by Lovis - 01-09-2021, 12:27 PM