Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Not Quite To The Sea

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The sweltering heat was difficult on a good day, and downright unbearable on a bad one. Today, bad didn’t even begin to describe it. The dual-natured mare had searched high and low for somewhere to take shelter from the rays. And while her original plan had been to move towards the sea – the Ice Carver Serpent had another idea. The moment her bonded had heard the sound of water, there had been no stopping of her, Yukime was across the land as quickly as her forelimbs and serpentine, fluked tail would allow, shoving off of the embankment and into the creek running through the lands. Not to be cracked ice, but I cannot bear this hear any longer, Treaded. I need to rehydrate, my scales are shriveled and dry. The carver explained from where she had settled at the bottom of the creek bed, eyes closed, and only the tips of the ice shards at her collar and crown penetrating the surface of the water. Bel couldn’t blame her dearest companion, of course. She, herself, could feel the effects of the heat. Her muzzle was itchy from the effect of scales drying out, and her pelt felt dry and crusty from where even her water vapors were evaporating faster than she could hydrate. She did not like this heat.

Yukime lounged, clearly comfortable, beneath the subtle movements of the creak, and with a soft sigh, the mare herself moved towards the water, lowering herself into the gentle flow and sighing as the water wrapped around her, soothing the sun-scorched hide. She was certain this terrible weather would simply cook her alive! Between the searing heat, and the blubber designed to help trap the body heat in her body, well Below Zero was not a mare who was fond of these dreadfully hot days. Small silver fish darted around her, a few being snapped up as a snack into the small serpent's muzzle, drawing a small smile from the alien mare as she blinked her larger set of eyes slowly. "Careful, Yukime. Those little guppies aren't much of a mouthful, but you'll spoil dinner later. I was thinking we could hunt for Tuna tonight, if you'd like?" The serpent's head perked, two sets of eyes meeting Bel's dual sets with wide eyed excitement.

Bel lowered her muzzle and neck into the water, a thin layer of skin closing of her nose as her gills flared open beneath the water, the vapors wafting across the water like mist as the aquatic-equine relaxed. It might not be salt-water, but the creek was a relief, "Alright, alright," The treader spoke again, her voice carrying more melodically through the water to her bonded, the water changing her voice to something between whale song and dolphin chirping, the vowels drawn out, the words softer and more musical, "Once we are properly hydrated, and not as scaly and dry as a starfish left ashore when the tide rolls out - we'll head towards the sea for dinner." The treader promised her serpent bonded with a playful laugh, her muzzle split into a slightly fang-toothed smile before she closed her eyes again, to enjoy the water's rehydrating properties, the heat no longer . . . quite so unbearable.

"Bel"
Yukime
Open to any, preferably someone Bel hasn't met yet
Notes:: When you're partially aquatic and can't quite make it to the ocean before the heat becomes unbearable.

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-21-2021, 04:55 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-27-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-29-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-30-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 09:42 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 02-09-2021, 02:12 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 02-19-2021, 02:06 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 02-21-2021, 02:43 PM