Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Not Quite To The Sea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel had to laugh slightly when the other admitted her own surprise, but her expression still was distasteful towards the idea of another threatening this little peach she had found. She did find Jane adorable, and the idea that another could have been so threatening towards her didn't sit well with the Treader, "Honestly, regardless towards towards if she attacked you or not, or that it was in the middle of the night, or anything like that, that foolish mare had no right to make you feel threatened." She stated after a moment of pause. "No one has a right to make another feel so scared. Predator or not. Even predators know you don't play with food. When I go fishing I get it done as quick as I can, and I certainly don't scare the fish more than I should. But someone just scaring and being threatening because of some power trip - as that is exactly what it sounds like - it's childish."

She did have to nod in response to the agreement that this mare of question was certainly no creature of water, but she still felt it might do Jane better to gently change the subject, and finding out more about each other seemed the way to go. "You really don't need to worry about Yukime, she might look large - but it's just the length of her, she's small enough she has to ride on me or she gets worn out. And she's got a taste for fish, not horse. Well, not just fish, she likes amphibians too, she gets excited if she finds a salamanders and newts too." She stated with a teasing laugh that had the serpent sending a wave of water in Bel's direction with her tail. Bel grinned as she let the water hit her, before explaining how she'd come to be here.

It was definitely the quick version, but still her story. "It was better that I left, ultimately I wouldn't have been able to be happy there. It was painful to leave, still is at times, but it was for the best." Bel admitted, her smile sad, melancholy, "My pod is set in there ways, even when they're wrong . . . They forget to celebrate life while fearing death. Novus has been much better to me." Bel tilted her head when Jane spoke of coming from a land called Angora - of only being in Novus for a month now, and having been exiled. Bel smiled softly, "Don't fret on not having ties yet, you're still new around here. It gets easier with time, I promise. I've been in Novus for two or three years now, and in that time, I've grown to truly love it. It can be hard at times, being somewhere new with out anyone to turn too, but if you ever need someone to just talk to, come find me - alright? I'll never turn you away. So consider this your first tie to Novus, alright?" Bel stated with a warm smile.

Besides, Bel could use all the ties, herself, too.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Jane
Notes:: <3 Poor Sweet Jane, she better watch out, Bel's gonna adopt her >.>

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-21-2021, 04:55 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-27-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-29-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-30-2021, 11:25 AM