Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Not Quite To The Sea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The circumstances that brought the two together were an odd set, certainly, but Bel was enjoying her time with the younger mare. Perhaps it was from the similar age of her own sister, perhaps it was for the need of a companion that wasn't Yuki - or for some new company to make friends with. Perhaps for someone with their own story of betrayal - either way, Bel was glad to have met her. However, the idea of a feline startled her for a moment, confused. Yuki herself seemed surprised at the idea of something as large as she was, and finally surfaced, draping her long form over Bel's back with a sleepy yawn, as she tuned in to listen as well. "I can't say I have met a feline - well, I did meet some like that on the Island, I believe during it's first opening? It was a rather long time ago - so I don't remember fully. I suppose predators can sometimes be expected to play with their food, but that certainly doesn't mean it's okay . . . Especially not for another horse to do it." Bel grinned faintly, "Can't say I've ever been almost eaten by a feline as a pup - but I was almost taken by the Kraken. Shard's fault of course, he practically dared me to go into the cave . . ." Her smile turned soft, but sad, the broken heart still buried deep in her chest, "He saved my life that day too - I was frozen in the water and he pushed me out of the way - barely managed to avoid getting wrapped in a tentacle himself." He'd lectured her too after - about not being so stupid, not needing to prove herself. She'd forgotten about that - having previously only remembering the shocked but awed expression on his face when she'd dropped the stone between them.

She still missed that version of Shard, before he began to listen proper to his father. But the past was in the past, and she wouldn't ever see Shard again. She tuned back into Jane's words, frowning lightly at the idea of Novus being a bore - of her family not wanting her, and being stuck unless they change their minds. The idea of them wanting her to find a husband, fulfill the duties of a mare. Bel shook her head in alarm. "I can't say I know what you're going through - I really don't. My people value romance as a one time bond - picking the right mate is important and while we tend to bond young, it's usually done out of deep affection if not love. But . . . Your family sounds . . . difficult. Momma loved us, I knew that, and father did to until we lost momma from a shark attack. Father died too that day, inside anyway. I don't remember him ever saying a word after that - not really. He didn't look at me much either. I don't think he even knew what was going on around him most of the time. When I tried to tell him good bye when I left . . . He didn't . . . see me . . . acknowledge me. But I remember his love still. To have a family that would send you out, that would expect you to preform duties, or fit into a certain mold is wrong . . . That's not familial love, not really . . . don't try to change yourself to fit their standards, Jane. Those type of beings are never happy - and you will make yourself miserable trying to make them happy too." She cautioned gently, her expression concerned for the younger mare.

Still, this meeting seemed to be the best for both of them, but more so Jane, when Bel offered herself as the first tie. Her smile was wide, causing Bel to smile in response. Even Yuki looked up at the mare, gently touching the fluke of her finned tail to the mare's forelimb and nodding, offering herself as a tie as well, a predator primed to defend the mare her bonded was becoming fond of, if not a touch maternal towards. "Only if you seek me out in Terrastella, I make my home in the Swamps of the land, but if you follow the cyan glow, you'll always find me." No need to explain the glow was her - she'd let that be a surprise.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Jane
Notes:: Yep Bel's gonna claim her. Her family can't have her back, Bel's gonna keep her.

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-21-2021, 04:55 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-27-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-29-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-30-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 09:42 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 02-09-2021, 02:12 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 02-19-2021, 02:06 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 02-21-2021, 02:43 PM