Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Not Quite To The Sea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

jane

Jane both smiled and shivered at the memory of the cat that had so frightened her as a foal. Her mother had scolded her intensely, but not for any reason of concern. It would have been horrible to lose a child, horrible to lose an offspring. Not horrible to lose Jane. Jane was nothing but the representation of a symbol, at the end of the day. It wasn’t long after that Jane’s custody had been passed to the Majesty and her court of fine women. But all Jane had learnt meant nothing- languages, art, singing for the court, all in a haze of nothing. 

Jane had never heard of a kraken, but her question died on her lips at the sign of Bel turning sad. Shard. It sounded like something deadly, sharp. Shards of glass, beautiful and fatal at once. She’d fight him for hurting her friend, if she ever got the chance.

He’d apparently saved Bel, and for that Jane was glad. But she was coming to learn that the few good actions did not absolve someone of guilt.

What a world, that prioritised romance above all else? That cared for Jane’s opinion, her talents, her intelligence. None of it mattered, even though they made her learned and smart. She would never be wise, for wisdom was not a treasured trait in a filly. She would have a foal, or two, and she would raise children each year until a death that no one remembered or cared about. “My mother and father barely speak and when they do it’s about future planning. She’s pregnant, currently, and when it’s born they’re going to stop speaking to me.” Boredom spilled in Jane’s words, overemphasised, overly chilly. What a shame she was who she was. So average. “I don’t care about it. The reason I’m here is because I flirted with a colt who was never going to marry me, and it made the court look bad so they sent me here.” 

To Jane’s surprise, the companion of this mare started to express an interest that was not based on hunger but concern and familiarity. Of course, tied as she was to the mare, there would be no betrayal. Especially for a blood that would probably not taste fantastic to one raised on fish. “I live in Solterra. It’s very different from here. But I live in a little house off the main street.”  

@[Below Zero] / speaks / here you go im sorry im so tired

Messages In This Thread
Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-21-2021, 04:55 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-27-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-29-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-30-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 09:42 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 02-09-2021, 02:12 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 02-19-2021, 02:06 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 02-21-2021, 02:43 PM