Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i'll be reaching for the stars with you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 8
Signos: 675
Dawn Court Scholar
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 16 — Atk: 4 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

TORIELLE

It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams

She is so sweet. Humble. The description is quite apt. Only a woman who is effortlessly secure in herself could not look at her own beauty and see it for what others see. The gentle nudge of her muzzle to my neck just about made my heart burst from my chest, like birds startled from a nest. Goodness, what a filly I was making of myself, acting like this. Perhaps I had been more homesick and sick for love and light than I had wanted to believe.  I felt my cheeks going hot again and I lifted my eyes to look at her. 

Eirene… It was a lovely name, and it suited her so well. The smile, even more so. I pulled myself out of the bow a little awkwardly and smiled sheepishly to her, not quite meeting her eyes. I’m not sure why, but I thought that if we gazed too long into each other, she might just see all of me. That thought thrilled me, but it terrified me just a bit more. I’d have to meditate on why. I’d never been afraid to meet someone’s gaze before. And it wasn’t out of pure fear, not like a prey animal being faced with a predator. It was more as a vulnerable girl looking at her own reflection in the mirror and truly seeing herself, and being unsure if she would like what she saw. 

“Well, if it is to be believed, we all come from a god or a goddess. Blessed are we to be their children and to someday return to them.” I ventured to catch her eye for just a moment. There was something magnetic about them and the way she arranged her flowers to compliment her features. I was sure that it was unintentional, and I had the distinct impression that she simply picked up the buds that appealed to her the most and made her heart sing. “My name is Torielle. It is an absolute delight to meet you, Eirene.” 

I rolled her name over my tongue like one would savour a sweet summer wine made of strawberries and honey. I wanted to say her name in every possible way known to earth and sea and sky. But perhaps that was the flirtatious jitters talking. After all, I hadn’t had much female company since arriving in Novus, and that which I had come by had been distinctly different. 

“While I am out here enjoying the moon,” I looked up to the full disk in the sky, casting a loving light upon our meeting and I smiled a little more widely. “Might I ask what brings you out at this hour? You strike me much more as an early to rise type of woman.” I brought my dark blue pools back to the pale doe’s figure and I tried to keep myself from staring. I started counting the flowers in her hair, then the ones curling around her antlers while I listened intently for her reply.

"Speech." | @Eirene

art by the-day-of-shadow character by scapeh table by sunny

Messages In This Thread
RE: i'll be reaching for the stars with you - by Torielle - 04-05-2021, 06:57 PM