Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - When I called it Home

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Would you crumble if I whispered to you like the wind

"Strawberries." Meira answers her companion thoughtfully, but it is without hesitation this time. There is something about the sweet and sour taste on her tongue that she loves. Willoughby continues on as they move toward the tea shop, stating that she prefers honeydew. She likes any kind of melon. Meira allows her ear to flicker with curiosity. She does not share the sentiment of preferring melons. Her preferences lie mostly in citrus-based fruits. Anything that has a pungent flavour she finds delightful. "I think Galina carries a honeydew tea..." Meira responds again, taking a moment to swivel her head to face Willoughby.

It is not long before they are standing outside the ancient-looking cottage, the wood is worn and gnarled. The rich brown hues stand out in contrast with the pale colours typically found in the sandstone structures lining the streets of Solterra. Meira tugs on the door and nods for Willoughby to enter first. Her friend beams that she will defer to Meira's taste when it comes to ordering items. A soft laugh escapes her lips as she presses herself into the small shop that is dimly lit. A woman nearly as weathered as the building itself stands behind the counter. A smile creeps across Galina's face, her eyes sparkle with recognition. "Meira, you are home." The old woman speaks to her, the fondness is impossible to miss. She has a thick, untraceable accent. Galina is not native to Solterra, and she has never really answered that question. "And you have brought a friend! Come, Galina will seat you." The woman gushes to the duo as she moves to dust off one of the worn tables. 

There are no other souls in the tea shop. There are very few Solterrans who know of this place, so it remains mostly quiet. Meira approaches the table and murmurs a quiet thanks to her old friend. "I'm very glad this place is still here. Galina is a wonderful old friend of mine. She has an abundance of stories and will be sure to talk your ear off." Meira jokes fondly to her new friend. Galina chuckles as she disappears into the back. "I imagine, you'll probably like the honeydew tea. She makes these lovely turnovers with all types of fruits. There doesn't seem to be a fruit that Galina doesn't like. I always get the strawberries and cream tea with a strawberry turnover." She admits to Willoughby. Meira remains quiet then, she wants to give her friend a chance to speak up as to what she might like. There is no lack of fruit themed items here.

@Willoughby

Messages In This Thread
When I called it Home - by Meira - 01-08-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: When I called it Home - by Willoughby - 01-08-2021, 10:29 PM
RE: When I called it Home - by Willoughby - 01-08-2021, 11:10 PM
RE: When I called it Home - by Willoughby - 01-10-2021, 05:49 PM
RE: When I called it Home - by Meira - 01-08-2021, 10:44 PM
RE: When I called it Home - by Meira - 01-10-2021, 05:41 PM
RE: When I called it Home - by Meira - 01-21-2021, 01:17 PM