Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - There's a fine line

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 25
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

As he peers into the shadows cast across the man's face from his cloak, Sebastien thinks he notices a certain wariness in the older man's eyes. He wonders then if the man knows what kinds of hate Sebastien is made of. His magic drifts like the man's cloak. It extends away from him, it is hungry just like him. It tries to wrap its gravity around the man, to pull him into Sebastien's orbit. It tries, but it is weak. This man is a mountain. The flicker of irritation is not missed by the politician, who dips his tongue in rot as he prepares to lie. Hurried words flow from the buckskin's mouth. His exasperated sigh escapes into the night markets. It too wears a cloak of honey and coffee. Sebastien allows his own features to flicker momentarily as if he feels great concern for troubling this fine gentleman. He admires the way the cloak hangs on the other man's body. It is an aura all its own and shapes his frame nicely. He does not miss the outline of a scabbard resting on the man's hip.

"I see, perhaps then.. I should ask someone else. It's just that, your cloak reminds me of home. I think I sought a fondness I have not known in quite some time." Sebastien trails off, playing the part of one who worries far too much of others. "And your scabbard resting at your hip. Are you a soldier here?" He trails off again, making sure he does not peer straight at the man. Sebastien does his best to seem a bit nervous in his presence. The last of his plum drips from his lips and splashes upon the stone like blood. He can feel his frustration seep in, because he cannot get a read yet on this man. It becomes much harder to possess another if you cannot first come to know them. Sebastien pauses a moment to watch the crowds sweep by them. The two have become immovable boulders inside a steady stream. 

Their fates are inevitable. His gravity will extend around this man someday, and it will sweep him up. It will carry him into the stream that Sebastien controls. He knows this to be true. "I apologize. I'm wondering if you know where I might find a bit of seclusion here. I'm not yet used to such a large bustle of strangers occupying the streets. I seem to have gotten myself turned around." He lies again, but this time there is half a truth nestled inside. Sebastien is still learning his way around Denocte. He knows only the area around his noble home. "I just need a moment to get my bearings." He explains again, hoping that the man will risk a bit of time with him. A rambling stranger who plays the part of a shy stranger too well. This is his own cloak that he pulls tight against his body. Sebastien wants nothing more than to be a chameleon, but more than that he wants to be a believable one. Until Meira's memory is gone. Until he is just him.

@Tristan

Messages In This Thread
There's a fine line - by Sebastien - 01-10-2021, 11:08 AM
RE: There's a fine line - by Tristan - 01-10-2021, 07:44 PM
RE: There's a fine line - by Sebastien - 01-20-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: There's a fine line - by Tristan - 01-30-2021, 10:50 AM
RE: There's a fine line - by Sebastien - 04-10-2021, 01:45 PM