Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - would we be better off by now if i'd let my walls come down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

LUVENA
Sometimes she wondered if she could really see the questions turning in his mind, or if she was just overthinking it all. “They don’t” she murmured dipping her head down. “I just don’t like having to ask”  She smiled as she remarked not being able to be rendered handsome by the hands of others. You have no need of it” she retorted playfully, “And you certainly shouldn’t get used to this by any means” she laughed. As much as she loved having her hair woven into intricate braid, and having her coat gleam under the sunlight, the time it took was energy best spent elsewhere. Energy for her was in limited supply, and high demand. 

“And you didn’t have to do this, but you still did” she quipped back, plucking another grape from the platter. She looked back over to the girls as he asked, both of them now looking like wet mops, drifting about in the surf. “I found them in the mountains, just after our last meeting. They’re still young, I think about seven months now, but growing fast. Yara is quiet, less adventurous than her sister. She stays by my side more often than not. Mithra is far more independent, and it’s all I can do to keep her from running ahead. It’s… not like a companion, I don’t hear their thoughts or feel their feelings… But I love them all the same. It’s different though, they take training, and work. I’ve been teaching them to steady, to take some of my weight, especially going down the mountain pass.” She looked back to Rhone. “They make good company, even if they don’t talk” 

As if on cue Picoro piped up at her from the willows “They shed an awful lot, and they’ll stink to the high heavens when they come out of that ocean” grumpy as always, the sloth climbed his way back up into the leaves. 

“ Rhone I… if this is going to happen, at all… even casually… we do have to talk” 

@Rhone
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,
souring as it hits its peak.
table by karma, art by ...

Messages In This Thread
RE: would we be better off by now if i'd let my walls come down - by Luvena - 01-30-2021, 12:28 PM