Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - would we be better off by now if i'd let my walls come down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Sure, he didn’t have to make an entire forest of cherry blossom trees and weeping willows, and yet…he did. He did it for her. He wanted their first “date” to be magical and unforgettable. He couldn’t say he had ever really “dated” in the sense that he took his romantic interest on outings or activities. He usually just got to know them sitting around a fire or walking along a mountain trail. But things here in Novus were always new and different and so, he figured he would try to do something that might fit the extravagance of Novus.

He listened quietly as she began to talk about her companions. He was a little envious of her bond with them, even if they weren’t bonded to her as Picoro was. Perhaps one day he would stumble on a small pup and be able to have that bond with man’s best friend that Luvena had with her girls.

It was Picoro’s comment that had him laughing lightly, watching as the Sloth ascended up into the treetops. "They sound like great company! I’m sure it helps starve off loneliness." Rhone knew how lonely it could be without someone there to talk to. While he had many friends, it was in the stillness of the night as he tried to rest beneath the stars that he felt the most alone. Perhaps one day he too would get a bonded or a companion. Perhaps, even, he would have someone else at his side to help him drift off into dreamland with.

It was her next words that seemed to catch him slightly off guard. Talk? Was that not what they were doing? "I’m afraid I don’t understand…I thought we were. I’m trying to get to know the things that matter most to you…" Did her puppies not matter as much as he thought? Suddenly he felt insecure. He shifted in his seat as he took another bite of apple to try and calm the nervousness that coursed through him. Had it made a mistake? What did she want from him?

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
RE: would we be better off by now if i'd let my walls come down - by Rhone - 03-13-2021, 01:16 PM