Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - wash away my colors

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The day hummed with the promise of adventure, as the mare had stretched upon waking. Or perhaps it was the serpent draped over her back, flattening her fin down awkwardly that hummed its annoyance at the movement. Yukime, ever drowsy this early in a day, cracked the ice at her collar to voice displeasure, a sound that caused the Treader to laugh with amusement and stretch a second time, elongating her spine, her fluked tail arching in the air. Her shoulders shifted, her muzzle touching the grass at her hooves, and with a playful buck, the serpent rolled down her spine and to the ground. Bel's laugh echoed through the air, light and playful as her bonded glared from the pile of scales and serpentine coils.

"Oh, don't get your fins caught on a rock! The sun rose hours ago! You've practically slept the morning tide away, Yuki! Time for us to start the day! Don't just start treading water! Time to get a move on, where should we explore today?" The serpent shot her mare a glare and tucked her head under her tail. "Come on, Yukime! Don't be such a grumpy octopus!" The dual-natured mare begged, both sets of eyes widening innocently at huffy ice serpent. It was like waiting on a sea slug, but finally her bonded uncoiled, using her forelimbs and tail to scale Bel's limb and lay back down across the mares shoulders, head resting against one shoulder blade, and long tail looped twice around the treader's neck.

Bel's smile was infectious as she kicked up her heels, leaving a trail of vapor from where the water steam escaped from her hock in smaller amounts than the vapors that escaped down her spine. The watery mist was already dropping in tempature to keep the two arctic beings from over heating in the sun as the mare left the Dusk Courts and made her way to some of the areas for mingling.

It took all of her will power to not immediately head to the ocean (as she was prone to doing), but she was determined to explore other aspects of the island today, which meant seeing more of the land. Exploring what there was. She was only passing through the plains when she saw a dark figure in the far distance. Large and powerful. Heavily built. Her eyes lit up with hope that Sol might be back on Novus, immediately turning direction in hopes of the large beat being the bi-winged mammoth she called friend. Her hooves carried her near, before watching the coat color lighten, even as the stallion stepped deeper in the water than Sol would have gone.

So not her friend, but someone new to meet! Caution, Bel. Hes still a stranger. Don't be too trusting. Remember these creatures don't care for those of the water. To many aquatics with a taste beyond fish. Bel nodded once at the words carried on the bond between she and the serpent from her species home planet.

Still she was hoping to meet a friend, stopping her approach to keep herself out of striking distance should her presence be unwelcome (she had no intentions of being snapped at like a fish swimming to close to a shark). "Uhm, hello!" Despite the friendliness in her tone, caution colored her words, but she kept her smile in place, making sure not to accidentally flash her fangs for when she dined on fish, "I hope im not disturbing you! I'm just out to meet new horses, and perhaps hear some new tales. My name is Below Zero, I'm an entertainer with the Dusk Court. A story teller, really. Do you mind some company?" She asked politely, even if a touch eagerly, her smile still firmly in place, and eyes earnest with sincerity.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Leviathan
Notes:: Hope you don't mind me throwing her in, he seems fascinating!

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
wash away my colors - by Leviathan - 01-17-2021, 09:47 PM
RE: wash away my colors - by Below Zero - 01-18-2021, 12:41 AM
RE: wash away my colors - by Leviathan - 01-23-2021, 12:26 AM
RE: wash away my colors - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 05:29 PM