Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - true champions cannot be eclipsed

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Syndicate [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 6
Signos: 955
Inactive Character

—ira—

Ira’s heart has lodged itself firmly in his throat. He stands in Denocte’s center, after sending out the word he would like to facilitate a Court-wide meeting. He tries to remember to breathe, as he has practiced so many times in the woods outside their city; calming, soothing, rhythmic—and even as Ira practices something he has practiced a thousand times, the elation of the day has stolen from him his ability to remain entirely calm.

Instead, beneath the surface, he is thrumming with exuberance. He had not expected to be chosen by the people. He had offered to serve with the knowledge that he might have to; but without the realization that, among the others who stepped forward, he would be deemed the most capable, the most—what? 

Ira clears his thoughts. He has never liked comparing himself to others and, more importantly, the only thing Ira knows he does well is fulfill his duties. 

That is what he intends to do. Ira calls the meeting at dusk; the heat of the days have been atrocious, stifling even the coastline. The sun has just begun to set when the first Denoctians begin to trickle in. Ira hosts the meeting beneath the statue of Caligo, where they had all been summoned, not so long ago, by their goddess.

“Thank you all for gathering this evening,” Ira begins. He finds himself pacing, albeit not nervously, in front of an open space before the statue. Movement allows him to speak more fluently, he thinks. “This, in no way, is intended to be a coronation or similar event, although I plan to host one in the future… No,” Ira’s eyes flash and a smile flits as briefly as a bird across the too-blue sky. ”No, I would prefer my first act of Sovereign to be something for the people, not myself.” 

Ira continues, keeping his voice level even as his heart beat-beat-beats in his chest, a feeling like euphoria. It does not make sense to Ira he feels his adrenaline here, before these people he has known most of his life, versus in the woods facing off with a bear or beast. “That said, I will be facilitating the Trial of Champions for the remainder of the season, and into the fall. Denocte does not currently have a Champion of Community or a Champion of Healing, and this is unacceptable. It leaves us vulnerable to external influences, and our community fractured. I have noticed it, and I am sure you all have noticed it as well.” 

Ira flashes another brief smile. He steps forward, so he no longer rests beneath the shadow of Caligo, but so that he walks among the people who have attended. “This will be done differently than in the past. I do not ask for you to step forward with words of allegiance in this moment, or of passion. It is an easy thing to do, when one is filled with patriotism before their brother and sisters. What I ask is much more difficult.” 

Ira takes the time to measure those around him with his eyes. He adds: “That said, it is finally time for Champions to fulfill their roles within our Court. I step forward with that expectation as Sovereign, both of myself and of those applying. That said, the Champions of Healing and Community will be chosen not on a basis of a speech they give here, but on how they go out into Denocte and serve.” 

The dark stallion pauses, before adding: “Thank you for your time. If you have any questions, step forward; otherwise, go forward and enjoy our Lady Night. Come next seasons time, we will decide upon our Champions, on a basis of all that they have accomplished.” 

upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all
♦︎
@ everyone! | further information can be found here

Messages In This Thread
true champions cannot be eclipsed - by Ira - 01-20-2021, 01:16 PM
RE: true champions cannot be eclipsed - by Luvena - 01-20-2021, 08:15 PM
RE: true champions cannot be eclipsed - by Kassandra - 01-25-2021, 10:42 PM