Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - true champions cannot be eclipsed

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

A call for the Champions, both those that serve and those that want to serve. Perhaps it's time for Cicatrix to finally fit into the steps they had been given, to ease their way into a position and do their once friend proud. They think it's a good time for it, to learn and listen. Where once they offered themselves without having a clue, this time they step up alongside their Sovereign as someone that has a better grasp of things.

The last lingering rays of the sun sink below the horizon, casting longer shadows and taking the heat of the day with it. Here in Denocte, they thrive on the dusk and night that comes after it, and Cicatrix is one of the many that enjoys the dark. The stars above are their reason, they do not know others'.

As it is, they carefully step up, casting a glance toward the statue that does no justice to the deity they pine for. Caligo, beauty of the stars and the night sky. The untamed wilds above and the heavens that they yearn to learn even more about. Their gaze lingers, only to move once Ira steps forward, turning their gaze to him instead and flickering ears underneath their starry cloak.

He paces to and fro, exuding a nervous energy, but it's only natural. Standing so still is strange, for even Cicatrix moves themselves every so often, a small flutter of a wing here, a shift of their tail there. They listen to the passionate words Ira speaks, keeping their position near the statue, watching him even wander out amongst those that have come forward.

Later -- they think -- they will ask him about their own position. It's high time they started to get themselves together.

Head tilting, they hear the ending of his speech, a question on their tongue. What happens next is not startling. Someone steps forward, offering to be Champion of Healing, to take on the tasks ahead. The trials that would cause them all to prove their worth. If Cicatrix could smile, they certainly would be looking on with a warm fondness at the Court they're beginning to truly call home.

Slowly, they step up, wings folding at their sides in a better position, towering over the Court but managing to lower their head to seem smaller. "I look forward to proving my worth for the position given to me. Perhaps later, we can have a conversation?" After all, they want to make sure that they get this right. Not only for themselves but for the entirety of the Court and their Sovereign.

@Ira and anyone else wanting to interact !

Messages In This Thread
true champions cannot be eclipsed - by Ira - 01-20-2021, 01:16 PM
RE: true champions cannot be eclipsed - by Luvena - 01-20-2021, 08:15 PM
RE: true champions cannot be eclipsed - by Cicatrix - 01-20-2021, 09:44 PM
RE: true champions cannot be eclipsed - by Kassandra - 01-25-2021, 10:42 PM