Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - when you hurt under the surface

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Katniss did not miss the way Kassandra was refusing the meal. She knew that feeling. She had been there. She did not find it rude, but she was very thankful she at least tried. Even if she did not have an appetite, her bonded did. Katniss could see the way he laid his eyes on the food, asking, begging, for just another nibble. While she could understand the other, his body language spoke volumes. “Help yourself…there is plenty.” Her eyes rested on the canine, encouraging him to eat his fill. He could hear Finnick in the tree tops above, mumbling beneath his breath about how he wanted some food too. Katniss had already told him he could have the leftovers and if there was not, Katniss would provide some for him. He clearly did not like that answer and jumped to a higher branch out of spite.

The conversation easily moved to Katniss suggesting that the other see a medic. A sleeping potion of some kind might help her. And when she finally seems to agree, Katniss cannot help but smile softly. “Her name is Luvena. Tell her I sent you for some sleeping tea.” The herbs in the tea would help her sleep and the warmth of the tea would soothe her digestion. Metaphor had made a tea for every ailment and injury. He always said tea would cure anything with the right ingredients. Oh how he missed him! Her heart ached for him in this moment, but it was overshadowed by joy at the thought that her son was quickly picking up the knowledge his father had left behind.

It is in this moment that she speaks of her loss, of her fight to be happy again, of her will to live. While her story starts off as one of sadness, she hopes the other can see the promise of hope and a future. Despite her depression, Katniss has overcome her obstacles and now, she wouldn’t dream of leaping off the mountain. She found joy in her son, in her court, and in the relationships she had. The curtains had been pulled open and just in time. For any longer in her depression and Katniss would not be here sharing her story.

What Katniss had not anticipated was for Kassandra to feel as though her troubles were less than her own. Everyone had their own troubles and it was not right to judge them on the same scale. Everyone was different and their degree to cope varied. “I care…” It may not mean much, but Katniss cared. “I have never been one to believe in gods. The soldier in me does not like the notion that they can sit up in the stars and order us around without having suffered through what we have.” She pauses a little, her eyes resting softly on the other. “It is hard for me to respect a leader who does not fight alongside her people.” And there it was, the truth about her feelings on the Gods. While she respected that many held them in such high standards and elevated them on pedestals, Katniss could not truly respect them until they too came to live amongst their people.

@Kassandra – because this is an amazing thread <3

Messages In This Thread
when you hurt under the surface - by Katniss - 01-29-2021, 10:25 AM
RE: when you hurt under the surface - by Kassandra - 02-06-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: when you hurt under the surface - by Katniss - 03-17-2021, 06:35 AM
RE: when you hurt under the surface - by Kassandra - 03-31-2021, 01:22 PM
RE: when you hurt under the surface - by Katniss - 04-08-2021, 04:49 PM
RE: when you hurt under the surface - by Kassandra - 04-11-2021, 12:13 PM
RE: when you hurt under the surface - by Katniss - 04-18-2021, 10:01 PM
RE: when you hurt under the surface - by Kassandra - 08-15-2021, 05:39 PM