Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Through the fire and the flames (Festival?)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

when she's singin' to me 'glory'

“I thought I might find you out here.”

Israfel’s vermilion eyes glittered like rubies with the distant firelight as she came to stand by Luvena’s side, her gaze staring outward, watching the flickering, twisting light that lit up Denocte with a sense of yearning.

Denocte was… Different. It wasn’t like the quiet, neutral solitude that Terrastella had practiced for years, tucked away on their remote cliffsides. It was loud, jovial, and social. It was expressive. Every evening the streets of the market were lit up on display, with crowds of citizens perusing the vendors, entertainers, singers, and dancers performing upon every corner. It was filled with a liveliness, with a sense of community and understanding and individuality that Terrastella always seemed to lack.

Perhaps it was simply the perseverance of the equine who called the place home. Perhaps it was the influence of Caligo, who so desperately wished to be different than her brothers and sister, to shine above the rest, to prove that she was more than the mixture in her blood.

Israfel couldn’t blame her. The feeling was mutual.

Inhaling deeply and smelling smoke upon the breeze, a scent that always cooled the burn in her blood, the Sun Daughter’s piercing ruby gaze shifted to rest upon Luvena’s narrow features. She stared for a moment, rose-kissed lips frowning thoughtfully at her friend’ faraway stare, the vacant look in her eyes yet her thin face tight with tension. A fine brow arched curiously, and slowly did the woman stretch out a gilded wing to breach the sparse distance between them and gently run a feather against Luvena’s slender shoulder.

“Lu?”

@Luvena - please excuse this absolutely trash piece of a post, I didn't want to stress about it too much in fear I'd never write it ;o;

"Speaking."

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Through the fire and the flames (Festival?) - by Israfel - 04-04-2021, 12:16 AM