Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Through the fire and the flames (Festival?)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

when she's singin' to me 'glory'

By no means was Israfel a professional when it came to ‘proper ways of tending to one’s mental health.’ Quite the opposite, if she were being honest, because her thoughts of drowning her sorrows were just that; finding a full bottle of amber whiskey and drink until her worries, fears, doubts, anxieties were gone.

And boy, did Denocte know how to partake in such nefarious activities.

Despite her own tendencies, however, the Sun Daughter knew that the heady kiss of whiskey was not what Luvena needed. Ruby red eyes glanced momentarily down at the two dogs that accompanied Luvena, arching a brow at them but not minding as one wove between her legs in a welcome. She made a mental note to refrain from stepping on them, accidentally of course, and focused once more on the real reason she was here.

Dissociation was very real. Isra knew that, although she had hardly experienced such a thing before. She wondered, briefly, what had shook Luvena so thoroughly to reduce her to such a state, to pull the rug out from beneath those trembling legs and leave her sprawling and owlish, skittish and afraid.

”Hey,” she responded gently, the soothing tone not too far off from the ones she used when Charlie was but a youngling roused from a night terror, ”It’s fine. You don’t have to apologize to me, Lu.”

Silence stretched between them once more and Israfel heaved a breath. The smoke on the breeze relaxed her, but it seemed to do the opposite for Lu. That was concerning, and she wondered, well… She wondered. Keeping the downy touch of her wing pressed against the slender mare’s shoulder, the Sun Daughter went on gently, vermilion gaze focusing back out across the distant bonfires that raged merrily throughout the streets of Denocte.

“Eh. It was a little too loud for me. I think I’m still getting used to it… And, I much prefer your company to that of a bunch of strangers overfilling their cups.” She grinned, eyes dancing in the firelight, and swiftly kept talking. Hopefully her words could prove to be some sort of distraction to what wrought such merciless ire upon Luvena, and even if it left Isra herself rambling like an idiot? Well, she had behaved strangely at worse times. Really, this was nothing new.

”I’m settling. It’s different here, you know, than Terrastella. Nice, but… Loud. I guess I’ve just grown used to the silence of the hospital and general peace of the city, so this will take some getting used to.” It wasn’t bad, no. Israfel was just used to being the loudest in the room, and moving here had completely changed that. She had already engaged (cornered) Ira (in an alleyway at night) for a promotion, which had been given surprisingly easily considering the two of them hardly knew one another. Of course, Isra knew she had quite the impressive resume, but even the ivory woman had been surprised at how easily Ira had given out the title of ‘battlemage’.

Breaking in her speech, Israfel paused for a few moments. She lingered, shifting uncomfortably from hoof to hoof, wondering what else it was she could say. Brows furrowed and she dared a step closer, ready to pull back if Lu reacted negatively. The last thing she wanted to do was make her friend uncomfortable, and ‘boundaries’ was not something Israfel easily understood.

“Lu? Are you… Are you alright?”

"Speaking."

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Through the fire and the flames (Festival?) - by Israfel - 08-29-2021, 10:43 AM