Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - with a diamond mind.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

jane

Jane watched the mare. Privilege and naivety was writ upon the mare’s brow, barely out of adolescence as she was. At the end of the day, there were many situations far less desirable that she could have found herself in. But at the end of the day she had been born into luxury, and though her mother was not the warmest or most maternal; Jane had been given food and shelter and education.

“I just want something to do,” Jane confessed, “I moved to Solterra after a scandal happened back home and they had to get rid of me. I don't have any friends in the city and my aunt has taken me in out of family duty alone. And Solterra is so hot, so I'm burnt every time I step inside.” In many ways were her actions foallike as Jane tasted at the sweet blackberries, accompanied by bitterness.

Vysanthe’s eyes were kind but a quiet amusement lay behind them. Jane had very little idea of her privilege. Of course, the past few months had left their scarcity on her coat; her fur having lost its substance and the ever lingering shadows of her ribcage. But the light was returning to her eyes and would continue to do so. Much lay before her. 

Jane did pick up on something beneath Vysanthe’s words and she tipped her head, trying to figure out what it was. But there were things that she wouldn’t know until experienced, and this was one of them. 

I think there are many things I can do with my life, but I can’t make tail nor end of them. I know nothing about what a scholar does- literally, what do they do?” Jane laughed a little at herself, “I’ve asked, but no one has given me an answer. Write down stuff?” She sighed “But I like that you have found love in what you do. I hope I may do so as well, in time. And that my skin might toughen up.” 

@[Vysanthe] / speaks /

Messages In This Thread
with a diamond mind. - by Vysanthe - 02-16-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Jane - 02-16-2021, 04:36 PM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Vysanthe - 02-18-2021, 10:52 AM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Jane - 02-18-2021, 03:55 PM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Vysanthe - 03-01-2021, 09:26 AM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Jane - 03-05-2021, 09:55 AM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Vysanthe - 03-07-2021, 12:10 AM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Jane - 03-07-2021, 11:11 AM