Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What goes up must come down

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
She still felt lost.

Like a phantom creation peering into another world. Like a meteor crashing onto an ice planet. Like the first star born to a new constellation. Nothing here was familiar, nothing here was comforting. It as just one new thing after another, and no increase in knowledge or understanding. No increase in being able to figure out how to be around the others of these lands, how to talk to them, how to be around them, how to be part of them. Was she supposed to be a part of the crowd here? Was she supposed to find a place to belong. Was she destined to be a wayward Nebula unable to do her job. 

There was so much wrong.

She was just a scared star in a new part of the galaxy. She had come to the plain without knowing where she was going, and now she didn't understand where she might be. And so she'd found a spot to lean against a tree and just watch others. She was beginning to pick up small things. They seemed to always say certain sounds when they saw each other, perhaps an identification? or . . . no, they seemed to talk about who they were later only when necessary. No, this appeared to be more like a casual acknowledgment to one another. But she couldn't grasp the sounds they made, and they differed a lot, more than a lot. But gradual understanding might lead to future abilities to communicate with these beings.

She could only hope.

It didn't help now though, didn't help her feel comfortable, didn't help her feel like she could make friends. And now, so far away from the stars and galaxies above, she really just didn't know what to do, where to go, what to expect. She just remained standing silent, standing in confusion and just watching. Perhaps, perhaps one day she could figure out what they said, what they said to her. Perhaps one day she wouldn't feel like the awkward asteroid in the crater on the large land mass with the cold. But until that day, she'd just have to stick to being a dying star in a galaxy of shining bright ones. a demoted proto-planet in a system of more impressive ones.

She'd be the odd star out. 

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: Good Luck Sol!
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
What goes up must come down - by Veil Nebula - 02-20-2021, 06:25 PM
RE: What goes up must come down - by Sol Bestiam - 02-23-2021, 12:22 PM
RE: What goes up must come down - by Veil Nebula - 02-24-2021, 03:47 AM