Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - With the breath of the Forest

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

let me stay where the wind will whisper to me
where the raindrops, as they're falling, tell a story
Callynite

in my field of paper flowers, and candy clouds of lullaby
i lie inside myself for hours and watch my purple sky fly over me

The doe tilted her head, before a slight frown touched her muzzle, the telltale sign of an unwanted past, "My parents are the cause of many issues, but I can't blame them for the way I look now. Though mother would likely have a fit to see my appearance now. She always demanded perfection, unfortunately. I don't think appearing a hybrid would fit her picture-perfect image for my future." Oh, to be honest, her mother would have a lot to say about Cally's life. From the fact, her magic was 'corrupt' now. To her appearance. To the fact, she carried a bow and quiver of arrows, to her desire to constantly go on adventures. It'd be quite the heart attack for the doe that had raised her, learning that her fawn had ended up just like the buck who'd helped conceived her, even after her mother ran him off. Cally enjoyed being more like her father, regardless.

Better to be more like him, than a self-centered, narcissistic witch like the doe that raised her. She turned her attention back to this other, however, introducing herself, before blinking at the other's response, before managing a slight, but amused smile. Worse tragedies, huh? Cally would take it as a compliment, even if some of the flowers were chiding the stranger for her remarks, and a few trees were whispering to others further away about the going-ons. 'Worse Tragedies' indeed. But the deer didn't let it bother her, er, deer-hybrid. She knew she was a bit different from most.

Cally did frown slightly at the idea of going out into the forest, and then going separate ways, "You . . . went . . . out traveling, and then went separate ways, leaving you to solo the trek through the forest that you're not familiar with?" She asked, snorting slightly, "I mean, all the power to you for bravery and whatnot, but don't you think it's a bit foolish?" Okay so the sarcasm was annoying to the former druid. Profound knowledge of the earth - why yes, yes she did. She was a former nature goddess after all, and a druid in the life after that, the life that melded into this one. And so of course, when the other asked if she was glade keeper, queen of the forest fairy, Cally didn't hesitate to smirk.

Instead, she let the magic flow, tapping into the ley lines, the magical flow of natural energy. The green aura of the raw magic crackling around her pelt, flowers and foilage blooming up in rapid succession around her hooves, around her in a small radius, as the trees seemed to bend towards her, as flowers visibly snuggled up against her limbs, petals wrapping around ankles, "Not quite a fairy, and keeper of far more than a mere glade." The druid replied, the same green aura of natural magic glowing from within her eyes, before she allowed the power to display, as she shook the now pouting flowers off of her, "Either way, I know the earth better than most. If you're struggling to find a guide through the forest, I mean . . ." The offer was unspoken, but delivered in the way to make the request be necessary either way.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Edelgloss

Artwork ©Bingo

Messages In This Thread
With the breath of the Forest - by Callynite - 03-21-2021, 03:46 PM
RE: With the breath of the Forest - by Edelgloss - 03-31-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: With the breath of the Forest - by Callynite - 04-04-2021, 09:05 PM
RE: With the breath of the Forest - by Edelgloss - 04-17-2021, 12:01 PM
RE: With the breath of the Forest - by Callynite - 07-12-2021, 03:56 PM