Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Portal IC Event  - Unfamiliar

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

It was the wild that drew her to them she thought. The way it was once again like brushing up against the dangers of mystery, but without the strain of constantly moving, constantly resettling. It was discovery without first the encouragement of being uprooted from the last place. It was like reliving the moments she had first stepped into Elysium, and then later, Novus. 

It was also the sentience that hung around them. Sometimes when she had travelled, it had just been her and the wild creatures of the lands around her. But here… the shadows she kept seeing… They didn’t feel like the untamed beings that flitted through the trees. Nor was it the strenuous sentience of a bonded, tied only into its partner. No, they felt as if they were minds of their own.

She could tell Picoro was curious too, that he could feel the pull of an adventure awaiting their attention. But she could also feel the resentment roll of him in waves, and his silence only pushed it further.  She turned her attention instead to one of the creatures on Callynites back, waving and giddy with excitement. 

She paused to think, coughing briefly through the silence. “Some look like deers, elk… Most are antlered, with cloven footprints… cervine if you will. But they aren’t…” she stopped, pondering her choice of words. “I haven’t tried to speak to them but they aren’t… empty. You can feel it, the life brimming here, the waves of thought. Not in the same way it is with a bonded… but more like us” 

She looked to the other woman before glancing back at the trees. “I wouldn’t know to be honest” she replied “I’ve never had a whisper of magic in my bones, not the same way you and most of Novus has. But I like it here, it’s wild… and new, free of the burdens that Novus seems to put on it’s people sometimes. No gods to be felt…” she trailed off. 

It wasn’t that she hated Novus gods, at least not anymore. But she was still tired, of watching those higher toy with mortals. Using them like pawns. 

“Five, from what I can tell.” she answered briefly. “Though so far this is only the third one I’ve wandered through”

@Callynite
Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 06-04-2021, 11:09 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 07-20-2021, 12:11 AM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 07-22-2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 07-22-2021, 11:21 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 08-09-2021, 08:12 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 08-15-2021, 01:15 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 08-22-2021, 10:34 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 08-22-2021, 10:42 PM