Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Through the looking glass

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 30 — Threads: 11
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

A s t a
do you believe in reinarnation?
'cause i thought i saw your soul
Ah, the child was so tempermental.

Or, perhaps in experienced? Naive?
A quiet soul not used to the travels, the inroads of despair too long a life could lead.
Deep down, I even felt a little angry . . . jealous . . . of that innocence.

One day she would die, she would move on to the afterlife, or be reborn into a new body, a new start to life. Either way, she'd be free of this old one, new, fresh . . . she wouldn't remember the pains or heartbreaks, the fears or friends lost. She'd have a new chance . . . and I envied her for that ability. For that ability to just be done, just move on, just leave one life behind. No matter how hard I slammed the doors, no matter how I died . . . I never could escape my cycle, my constant pain, my heartache when I would cross paths with those I once knew.

It hurt . . . It hurt more than any physical wound I had taken.
And I've grown so old, so tired of it all.

But this child wasn't to know. Wasn't to understand where I came from. I'd keep my distance, my cool, my calm. But . . . I'd lost my ability to be social somewhere along the way? It's easier in high function events, where everyone is stuck up, trying to out do each other in fancy dresses and cocktails. But in day-to-day scenarios . . . I was adrift in a sea of pleasantries, and unable to drink any of it.

The girl was cool, explaining that he was a living being - of magic, not needing systems, and I sigh, heavily, Yes, exactly, which is why Rabies can have no effect on him. He has no system for the virus to infect, thus meaning anyone who worries he might carry it would be a trifle idiot, now wouldn't they." Damn, I couldn't be nice if I tried, could I? Even that was a little snooty. Maybe I should practice the occasional pleasant conversation in front of my mirror, rehearse smiles, and how to sound . . . nice.

This was exhausting.
I should just continue my solitude.

It seemed easier that way.

Solitude it is. I turned away, towards the portal. I wasn't surprised when she didn't follow, not really. So when she ventured away, I ventured further into the portal, to learn, to be alone, and to feel my comfort levels return to normal. It was better this way anyway. Because if I had made friends, when she died, It'd have been more painful, than to have her speak cooly to me any time she saw me again.

It was always better this way.

Solitude and Isolation.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Faction
Notes:: Yep, this didn't work xP
flashing and dancing on the horizon
shades of jade and emerald

Artist Credit to Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Through the looking glass - by Asta - 07-18-2021, 10:47 AM
RE: Through the looking glass - by Faction - 07-19-2021, 04:33 PM