Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'll deceive my way straight to demise

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

'Cause I'm not in a right state of mind
I just wish I had strength to admit it
My stubbornness will put up a fight
But I don't deserve to win it.

She was soaked through, trailing water, the clash of thunder roaring overhead as wind buffeted between barren streets. The summer storm had caught them unawares, rolling in from the churning waves of the ocean, and Israfel felt both baffled over such a ferocious summer storm and positively furious that she had been caught out in it.

Uncharacteristically, the market streets were mostly empty save for others who were also unfortunate enough to not find shelter before the storm reached the shore, clutching their parcels or cloaks tightly as they rushed through the water-sodden streets, the rain pouring down over their heads in merciless rivulets.

Don’t think about it, she whispered to herself, over and over again, a mantra of determination, Do not think about it, Isra.

Thunder shook the very earth beneath her hooves, and only seconds later did lightning crack across the sky, illuminating the inky darkness that had taken over the markets after night fell with a clouded sky. Skin prickled in goosebumps, the Sun Daughter moved quickly through the streets, shivering fiercely as the wind whipped the sodden strings of her mane about her face. Ears pressed flat against her skull, gilded-hooves slapped against the standing water in her frantic rush, her intended destination now in sight as she turned a sharp corner of an alley and slipped while doing so.

She jogged the rest of the way, chest heaving, panic rising in her breast. No, no, no. It wasn’t the same.

They weren’t going to drown.

They would be fine.

They were going to be fine.

“Lu!” Her voice cracked as she shouted out, chest heaving, rose-kissed lips parted as she sucked in great, deep breaths as though she had been caught in the roiling surf of the very ocean and not just the storm that it had dragged in. Her throat ached, burning from the unsettling chill brought in by the fearsome thunderstorm.  “Lu!”

Telekinetic knocks were hammered fiercely upon the clinic’s wooden door, a hurried, rushed thud! thud! thud!

It was late. What if Luvena was sleeping? What if she was fine? What if Isra was panicking over nothing?

Well, it wouldn’t be the first time. A sardonic, terrible grin pulled at the mare’s lips, crooked and wrong as the dark thoughts roiled and churned in her mind, restless like the ocean, but no. No.

It was fine. She was fine. She had to be fine.

"Speaking."

@Luvena

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
I'll deceive my way straight to demise - by Israfel - 08-09-2021, 09:37 PM