Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'll deceive my way straight to demise

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

'Cause I'm not in a right state of mind
I just wish I had strength to admit it
My stubbornness will put up a fight
But I don't deserve to win it.

Ivory brows pinched together at Luvena’s comment.

“I had never found him cruel,” Israfel admitted softly, yet her torn expression said otherwise, laying to bare her uncertainties, “Stern, perhaps… But never cruel. I worshipped him. I aspired to be like him. I never thought that he would…” The softly spoken words trailed off, not needing to be repeated. She found that she didn’t have the heart to.

Luvena had heard them the first time, and what was done was done.

Vermilion depths lifted to refocus back on Luvena’s gentle face, and the Sun Daughter sighed. She waited, pensive, thoughtful, curious, her traitorous heart giving a mighty kick within her breast at the simple statement of ’And you’re here.’

She was. Against all odds, the Sun demi-Goddess of Helovia had died, come back, and had made her home here, in Novus. They had both suffered in life, she and Luvena. They understood.

Death was not uncommon in these lands, but to be given a second chance, to come back, to potentially correct mistakes and build a better life was a gift. As Israfel held Luvena’s turquoise eyes, a moment passed between them, a breath left her lips, and she knew there could be no greater gift than the one laying before her.

Giving a wry smile that began to feel normal once more, that settled onto her lips like it truly belonged, the ivory maiden spoke. “Then perhaps we should make the most of it, while we’re both here.” And with that, she reached out and once more picked up the cup of tea, holding it close, letting it warm within her mental grasp before taking a few small sips. The herbal blend rested comfortably upon her tongue, and almost unconsciously she slowed her breathing, relaxing, focusing, letting her lungs expand and empty as the panic and anxiety slowly continued to ebb.

This evening had been stressful. Even now, the summer storm continued to rage outside, the wind and sheets of rain buffeting the clinic walls… Yet they were warm. Comfortable. Safe.

“... Thank you. For taking me in like this, for talking with me. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to talk to someone like I can talk to you, Lu.” She frowned briefly, lowering the cup of tea just slightly, brows furrowing as she mulled over the complexity of such a statement. It meant far more than what she could articulate. “I am sorry, though, if I scared you. I.... Don’t have moments like that often. I’m way more adept at handling the physical battles than the emotional, I guess.” And Israfel chuckled, warm and humored, letting herself shift just so to ensure that she and Lu were pressed just a little closer together.

For warmth, of course. And definitely for no other reason. Definitely not.

In the back of her mind despite the vast open distance between them, she could hear Solaris’ humored, knowing, and exasperated comment of, ’Liar.’

"Speaking."

@Luvena

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll deceive my way straight to demise - by Israfel - 08-29-2021, 10:12 AM