Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Like we're made of starlight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
the whole place was dressed to the nines
and we were dancing, dancing
like we're made of starlight, starlight
The mare forced herself to feel calm.

It wasn't the first cave, or even the second, or third to explore. But, in truth, every time she went spelunking it was the same thing, fighting past the fears of that very first time. It was always hard, no matter how often she went out and about, among the caverns and tunnels, she was still waiting for the next Kraken, the next monster, the next scary cave beast. Yuki tried, tried to offer reassurance, offer kindness, words of comfort, but then a voice called out, curious, but quiet. There was a pause, a surprise, a curious intrigued on who else was among the caves. And suddenly, she forgot she was supposed to be nervous.

She started towards the voice.

Her gaze was curious, seeing a gold glow ahead, and her voice called out hesitantly, echoing off the rock, even as her own magic amplified her voice through the water particles in the air, allowing it to carry farther as if it was under the water rather than above the ground. "Oh, Uhm, I'm here!" Her voice was tentative, rounding a corner, the cyan of her own glow bouncing over the walls, mixing to almost a green where the glows converged, "Oh, uh, hello." She blinked, pausing, tilting her head as she looked at the odd beast before her. One set of eyes, followed by the smaller set blinked independently, taking in their appearance, all the more curious by what they might be. "I'm sorry if I startled you, we didn't think anyone else might be in these caves."

Her greeting, and apology was warm, kind.

It was her natural way to be. Bel smiled as she took a half step back, nodding to herself, "My name is Below Zero, but you can call me Bel. And, this is Yukime, my bonded. We were exploring the cave system. Would you like to join us, the more the merrier if we run into trouble, no?" She asked, her gaze turning back to the direction she'd come from. Should she expect trouble. The lattice of frost was beginning to creep up her lower limbs again, and she had to force herself to NOT plummet the entire cave into the negatives, temperature wise, and instead smiled back at the being before them, "I'm fairly certain there won't be trouble though, of course. I actually haven't run into a scary beast in a cave since I was a pup, er; calf . . . No, foals, they call them foals on the land." The terminology still tripped her up.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Cicatrix
Notes:: Bel's just like 'come, join us, so I have more defense incase of cave monsters.'

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Like we're made of starlight - by Below Zero - 08-20-2021, 05:31 PM
RE: Like we're made of starlight - by Cicatrix - 08-29-2021, 06:32 AM
RE: Like we're made of starlight - by Below Zero - 08-29-2021, 07:19 PM