Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - one quiet yeehaw

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline nefelibata [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,305
Dusk Court Entertainer
Female [she/her/hers]  |  12 [Year 499 Spring]  |  16.3 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 11  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Persephone, the Lost

Persephone bowed her head respectfully as the other mare welcomed her to the new land. She hadn't been here for long yet-- maybe a few days where she learned about the existence of courts and a small bit of the history. There was still much to learn and to explore and she was trying to be as optimistic as she could despite how lost she felt, both inside and out. At least this mare was nice and respectful so far, she wasn't too close and the way she spoke was comforting. Persephone liked her accent and the way she drawled her words--it felt lyrical, like a musician's voice. At least she wasn't aggressive.

She didn't miss the way her question brought her off guard, however. The opal mare's head lifted to make eye contact, curious now by the pseudo-goddess' reaction. Her nostalgic expression, the melancholic look in her eyes as her focus drifted. At her reply, Persephone nodded understandingly, then caught herself with a small jerk of surprise. Why did she know exactly how losing godhood felt? Why did she empathize so clearly with this feeling? She glanced to the side, confused for a moment at her own subconscious response, then shook her head and focused back on the winged lady in front of her. She would have to meditate on this later.

"It is nice to meet you, miss Israfel," she said, performing a formal bow now, something that she just felt was appropriate for this encounter. Even if she wasn't a goddess now, her words said she used to be one and thus was worthy of respect. The words and the formality of it all felt...familiar as she spoke, like she conversed this way often. That nagging nostalgia tugged at her lost memory once again, but she brushed it away. "I'm Persephone. I...live in the Dusk court now, I suppose. It's been a weird time for me." she said with a strained chuckle. That was an understatement for sure.

@Israfel / speaks / notes

Messages In This Thread
one quiet yeehaw - by Persephone - 09-02-2021, 06:42 PM
RE: one quiet yeehaw - by Israfel - 09-03-2021, 10:51 AM
RE: one quiet yeehaw - by Persephone - 09-03-2021, 09:41 PM
RE: one quiet yeehaw - by Israfel - 09-04-2021, 11:30 AM
RE: one quiet yeehaw - by Persephone - 09-04-2021, 11:03 PM