Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A Warning

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

you don’t want me to hurt you
you don't want me to bite you

A letter is delivered to Solterra on the dawn of a new day, the first of a new era.

Roosting upon the back of an empty throne, a large, imposing Phoenix -unlit, for now- waits with a letter clutched between sharp talons, keen lavender eyes piercing through anyone who dares try and wander too close.

She does not belong there. There are no records of any Phoenix living within Solterra and had not
been any records for many, many years.

’What is this?’ A chamberlain asks, fearful of the implications of an ancient bird of lore looming upon the back of the King’s throne. ’Go on, shoo!’ Was it a curse? A warning?

Yet the Phoenix does not move. She sits, roosting, waiting, her head tilting and turning to those who pass by, who try and make her move, and fail every single time. Any who grow too bold are quickly chased away by the harsh kiss of a flame. The talons, long and dangerous, scratch the surface of the noble seat, where attendants will later fret over its scuffed state.

It is only when the King of Solterra arrives, a King so recently crowned, that the Phoenix drops the letter. It falls slowly onto the plush cushions of the throne, and her eyes, so intelligent,
so dangerous, so knowing, pierce through the King and wills him to read what has been given.

The letter is marked with a blood-red wax seal, stamped with the imprint of a rising Phoenix atop a quarter-moon.

There is no address, no flowery greeting spilling nonsensical words meant of humbling, placating, and honoring. Some might be horrified that a letter meant for royalty would not even care to address them. The Phoenix, however, understands, and expects no less from her Chosen Child-turned-Queen.

“Congratulations on your recent ascension.

We’ve never met, but word carries quickly, especially on tongues who hold such little regard for your precious desert. I hope Solaris does not burn your kingdom down during her stay, but I can’t really be held accountable for her actions. She should behave… But then again, it isn’t her fires you need to fear.

There has been bad blood between our lands for some time. I do not know what you intend with your new seat of power or that shiny new crown upon your head, but know this; one wrong move against Denocte and its people and I will burn your kingdom to the ground. I will burn down everything you love, everything you hold dear, everything you have, and even everything you hate. I will destroy you until there is absolutely nothing left of you, and the desert beasts will pick your bones clean.

I am not afraid of you. My kingdom is not afraid of you. We will not bow to you.

Keep that in mind.

That said, I hope you do great things for a land that has been otherwise neglected and abused, time and time again. Solterra knows well the taste of violence, manipulation, deceit, and war… For your own sake, I hope you don’t plan to follow in the steps of your tyrannical predecessors.

Solaris will await your response before leaving.

Good luck,
Israfel Azardokht
A Queen of Denocte”

Still seated comfortably upon the back of the proud throne, the Phoenix, Solaris, waits.

"Speaking."

@Leviathan

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
A Warning - by Israfel - 09-03-2021, 10:11 AM
RE: A Warning - by Leviathan - 09-05-2021, 07:19 AM
RE: A Warning - by Israfel - 09-05-2021, 10:26 AM
RE: A Warning - by Leviathan - 09-05-2021, 08:38 PM