Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A Warning

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

He's beginning to wonder if he should get a bird of his own . Maybe a flock of them , if only to pester this specific bird . But he's certain if he does , she'll catch them all on fire and that would be the end of that . He could thank her for dropping the letter , rather than keeping it up in her beak , or just handing it to him . He has a feeling if he tries to reach for it from her at any given point , she might actually peck his good eye out of his skull . So dropping it on his throne is just fine with him , he doesn't really care . It isn't as if he shuts himself away to read books somewhere or anything like that . He isn't the studying type .

So instead he picks up the letter and reads over it almost lazily , head tilted , eye focusing , before he wanders off to get back to his desk with a smirk and write back . It isn't long before he's back with his own letter . There is no seal , not a proper one , because he doesn't have one made just yet . He hasn't thought that far ahead . A seal to stand for himself ? Never . He doesn't know what could represent him .

So off he lets the bird go , before taking comfort in the throne again , idly speaking with what remains of his court , so he can begin his festivities . So he can begin his hunt .

He has no fear of what he plans to do with his coronation , nor what what he has to do when he goes to meet with the Denocte Queen , by himself . He knows what he'll be stepping into , because he too , was one of those people . On the edge of Solterra . It isn't as if he himself is one of the fancy nobles that stood in gilded housing with a silver spoon . He's never been one for politics and suffering . He knows too much about the blood in the sands , too much of it his own .

He's suffered here himself .

"I think I can find the time in my schedule .

Maybe some point next week ? We'll meet then in Denocte . I'll be at the gates ."

@Israfel

Messages In This Thread
A Warning - by Israfel - 09-03-2021, 10:11 AM
RE: A Warning - by Leviathan - 09-05-2021, 07:19 AM
RE: A Warning - by Israfel - 09-05-2021, 10:26 AM
RE: A Warning - by Leviathan - 09-05-2021, 08:38 PM