Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - and I could cry power [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

Night in Denocte . It seems a perfect time to slink in under the cover of a starlit backdrop , despite the halo of gold about their head . They sorely miss what had once been home , but had put a self-imposed exile on their own head . Yet even that hadn't stopped them from returning here now , not when they had heard of change , of a challenge . Ira , their dear friend , had disappeared , and yet another is stepping up to his place . Perhaps this one will bring change ? Maybe this one will stay ? Slowly , they make their way toward the Court itself , wings dipping to allow their descent on the edges of it , carefully landing in silence , far enough to not be seen . Far enough to not stir up anything . They are an exile here , they are ... nothing .

They had run , hadn't they ? No . They had been swept up by life , yanked and pulled kicking and screaming from a Court they loved to save their brother ... only to lose him anyway .

Time does not heal the loss of Crux , the raw and aching wound so jagged in their chest .

That ache that settles in their bones and the loneliness that races through their heart . Even now the guilt is far too strong , they feel they have no place here . But they dearly miss the many faces of it , and wonder if there are many that still reside in its heart . There is no laughter here , only subdued words , scared glances to and fro . They shift their gaze , and the cloak stirs slowly , resting over their skull and hiding them away as best as one could while throwing off such a golden glow , tucked at the edges of a crowd , towering over them and moving in an eerily slow way .

Scared . So scared .

A voice cuts through the waves and silence , enough to startle them , a jump in slow motion that makes their wings flare open before they quickly close them again , hiding star maps against slender sides and turning their head carefully . They fix their gaze at the head of the crowd at the new Sovereign , and when she falls silent , there are only a few that speak up . They are not one of them , attempting to seem small in a crowd that has gathered .

Quite the feat , if achieved .

@Israfel and anyone else that notices them ( not that it's hard to notice them slflsjf )

Messages In This Thread
and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Israfel - 09-03-2021, 11:35 AM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Caelum - 09-03-2021, 12:32 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Gareth - 09-03-2021, 10:56 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Runaveig - 09-04-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Kamdrick - 09-04-2021, 02:50 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Luvena - 09-05-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Nerezza - 09-07-2021, 12:29 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Cicatrix - 09-07-2021, 10:26 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Boleyn - 09-11-2021, 07:18 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Vikander - 09-12-2021, 11:55 AM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Reinhart - 09-18-2021, 10:50 PM