Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'll face down the world with you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

just breathe through me
we'll keep the fires alight

The door opened. Despite the fire in her veins, Israfel felt frozen to the spot, vermilion eyes darting up immediately to focus upon Luvena’s gentle turquoise depths. Rose-kissed lips tried to force a genuine smile, but she knew the expression seemed far more sheepish than intended. Everything seemed fine between them, until Lu spoke.

’At ease, Battlemage.’

Oh. Something within her breast twisted pleasantly at the teasing remark, but despite it, Israfel reluctantly felt herself relax. The tension seeped from her muscles, her form visibly sagging where she stood in the alley, and when Luvena motioned for her to step inside, she was helpless but to obey. Gilded hooves carried the Sun Daughter into the darker interior of the clinic and as she passed by Lu, she tossed the slighter woman a sardonic, cocksure grin.

“I hope I didn’t wake you,” she commented, feeling the ego return, the confidence thrumming through her veins as she grew comfortable within the talented medic’s capable presence once again. Something about Luvena made it so easy to just be herself. “I just… I needed to see you. I needed to talk to you, um. It’s kind’ve important.” A glance around the clinic gave away that they were alone, but for how long? How long until someone came knocking? If someone interrupted, Israfel honestly wasn’t sure if she held the patience to not just throw them out. “You found my letter, I assume? Solaris said that you were well.”

The now-absent Solaris had, in fact, kept to herself about Luvena’s state, keeping Israfel none the wiser to the way the medic had been laid bare by her condition shortly after the evening of the terrible storm. Had it worsened, Solaris would have said something… But such a distraction would serve Israfel no good in her battle, and so the Phoenix had kept the secret to herself. Not that Israfel knew that, of course.

“Speaking.”

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
I'll face down the world with you - by Israfel - 09-03-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: I'll face down the world with you - by Luvena - 09-03-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: I'll face down the world with you - by Israfel - 09-03-2021, 03:19 PM
RE: I'll face down the world with you - by Luvena - 09-03-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: I'll face down the world with you - by Luvena - 09-03-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: I'll face down the world with you - by Luvena - 09-04-2021, 12:50 PM