Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the thunder in the canyon [ MEETING ]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

He didn't really expect his week to go this way , not entirely .

First , running off to nearly destroy the statue of Solis ( which he's certain is going to bite him in the ass now ) , and now .. Sovereign . Over his immortal life over the many many years he's lived , he's pissed off a lot of deities . They've toyed with him and played with him and they've pissed him off too , but he knows certainly that this .. this is something comedic and something horrifying all at once , and it makes him a little paranoid all the same .

Solis is going to either kill him or maim him , one or the other .

Ah well , he has enough scars as it is , doesn't he ? What's a few more , what's the loss of some other chunk of flesh ? He's missing half his vision , his horn is cracked and frayed . He isn't the prettiest Sovereign either .

Leviathan shakes himself from head to hoof , his thoughts going with it before he heaves his heavy frame out the doors , listening to his every step on crunching desert sand and clicking tile . Large ears swivel , catching the whispers of the Court as they speak . Even now , they've been gabbing between one another about it .

" Adonai has vanished , didn't you hear ? Taken , gone ! Then someone challenged ! "

" I heard he was just a merchant --- "

" No no !! He used to be a soldier! "

" NO! That was the Champion of Battle long ago !! "

" Long ago ? Then he's old ? "

" Immortal ! Back for Maxence ! "

" But that was ages --- "

And so it went on . Tongues wagging and gossiping as he walks . Leviathan's head turns as he steps into the middle of the Court and finally clears his throat , shaking himself again and leaning himself back , rising up , and letting out a call that thunders loud . Even as it tapers from his throat , it echoes throughout the Court , and he claps back down on all fours , tilting his head so a glowing blue eye can see the gathering masses of civilians that begin to move in toward him at the call of their new Sovereign . Some are still whispering among one another , but attention is on him .

He gets the gut feeling once more , an ancient and crumbling sensation that he hasn't had since his crown of the past that had broken from his fall from two traitors that had ripped it out from under him . But perhaps it had been for the best , when the power had gone to his head and had driven him damn near mad at that point . He had been in a terrible spot . Here and now .. he feels lazy , tired . But maybe that's because it's been a long time since he's seen so many faces in one place .

"People of Solterra ... it's been a long time since you've seen someone up here , I'm sure ." He snorts , his head lifting a little , feeling nerves stir in his belly . "I am not a beast built for this noble role . I'm not posh , I'm not well-mannered , well-spoken . Politics are something I don't like . I was born a warrior , taught to fight , and have fought my entire life up until recently , when I began making armor and weapons instead . Even then I still sparred and fought . I've done nothing but fight and be a grizzled grumpass all my life . Being a King is not new though . I've been a King , and it isn't as fancy as it seems . I've scraped and scrambled and spilled my blood like the rest of you in these sands , and watched as the Kings before me simply turned tail , or just let our Court die . " For a moment , he tilts his head , gazing upward , and then back down .

" I was dumb enough to go yell at Solis about it , too . Blame him for letting this place become idle . Then I came back , and challenged for it myself , when nothing happened , because something had to happen . I'm tired of the backstabbing . We are a proud people , not a bloodthirsty warmongering beastly people like the rest of Novus wants to think we are ." For a moment , his teeth grit , and he growls , deep down . " I want to change that perception . We are fighters , we are proud , but we are not beasts . "

He moves himself , beginning to pace , energy having nowhere to go as he talks , horn glinting in the light of the sun as he treks to and fro in front of the crowd that watches him back and forth . " I come before you as a servant of my people , as well as a leader . I want to revive Solterra , and I have plans . But I also need help . I need a counsel , a regime . I need those that have the courage to step up beside me . A new era , and new blood . "

all are welcome to this thread and are encouraged .

Messages In This Thread
the thunder in the canyon [ MEETING ] - by Leviathan - 09-05-2021, 09:17 PM