Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the thunder in the canyon [ MEETING ]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

They come trickling in after most citizens . Not many , at first , but it hasn't been that long . One has an odd bonded with her , but she speaks at least to offer help , and he appreciates it . His speech is long winded , and he knows it . Stuffy , he thinks . Leviathan doesn't like it , himself , but isn't that something that most tend to do in his position ? Speak and throw around their fancy words and posturing ? Even if he's pacing to and fro like a lashed Sandwyrm at the moment , hooves unable to keep him still . He's got too much energy pent up , too worried that this could go sour too quickly . His first crown will always haunt him , his second will always remind him of how fleeting things had been before it had all shattered when the world had gone up in ruin .

" Thank you for your offer . I will take it up some time . "

Novus had remained , even if he had not at first . But he had come back .

A golden woman comes up , clearly carrying on in age , but so is he . He remains frozen in time , always on and off in the years , but this time he seems to be firmly stuck in it . Locked into place and drifting through at long last , held in position . Years and years , and no change on his hide save for the many scars that decorate it .

The glowing blue blinks and he tilts his head so he can look down at her , phantom brow narrowing and muzzle scrunching a moment in thought . " Ah ... I didn't give my name , did I ? I did mention I wasn't good at this . " He snorts a little hard . "Leviathan , at your service . " He offers it , large head dipping slightly , before lifting upward . " Tea and stories ... it isn't my sort of thing , but perhaps a visit would be ... nice . " Maybe .

The words are no sooner out of his mouth than a ball of fury explodes onto the scene . All wrath and spitting fire , and it reminds him of his far younger years . Ripped wings and screaming at the world , tearing up the ground and making people suffer for it . The misplaced explosion that had been meant for someone else .

He blinks once , twice .

" Did I say twice ? I meant thrice . " It's deadpan . " And I have been here . But shockingly , while I did disappear for a small amount of time , I've been back for just as long . Surprise . But it goes to show how much attention has been paid , hm ? Where have you been ? Or any of the others ? Even Adonai has left . Someone had to do something , now didn't they ? If you're so angry , why didn't you step up to the throne ? "

There's nothing but a stare for the heaving beast before him , the rage that quakes him , and Leviathan's head tilts curiously at him , before he snorts just oh so softly at the smile , the words . It's amusement , and his head barely shakes , his own smile peeling upward and revealing golden canines that emerge from his gums , a flash in the Solterran sun .

Amusement he tells himself . " I've felt broken crowns and watched my kingdoms turn to ash before me . I've seen kingdoms fall and I've watched Solterra crawl to a halt , but I came back to her a long time ago , before my predecessor was even crowned . I had hope it would rise then . It's time someone actually brought this once proud people back to life , don't you think ? Now stop making a fool of yourself . We're here for Solterra , not to be petty . "

Low , a snort , before he turns away and faces back toward the crowd , idly standing to watch for others , to wait .

To hope , perhaps .

@Faction @Cordelia @Mernatius

Messages In This Thread
RE: the thunder in the canyon [ MEETING ] - by Leviathan - 09-06-2021, 02:23 PM