Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - It's Been a Long, Long Time

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline mono [PM] Posts: 10 — Threads: 1
Signos: 520
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 492 Spring]  |  22 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

CAN YOU KEEP ME CLOSE,

His eyes shined with mirth as he watched the way Liam scrambled to stand. It warmed him pleasantly to see such an excited reaction, to know that even after all this time the other stallion was still thrilled to see him. Bucky wasn’t sure what he would have done if he’d been met with anything but the joy he could see now. Anger, indifference, or even a shadow of annoyance would have been understandable — heart breaking, but understandable. Distance was no easy thing.

But as Liam pressed his face against his neck, Bucky released a soft sigh of relief. His own head shifted to press against that warm shoulder, a soft smile on his lips. His eyes closed, and in just a matter of a few moments he could feel the warm embrace of home welcoming him back.

It felt endless, all encompassing, and entirely breathtaking as he stood there basking in the glow of the one thing he’d never thought he’d have — love. Even months apart it seemed as though he had just been here yesterday, poking and making fun of his friend as they rested together. Carefully his head moved again to press his lips against the soft spot where Liam’s neck and shoulder met in a gentle kiss.

M’pretty sure I’m real,” he teased, humming low in his throat as he continued his soft caress. He’d had dreams like this in the past — where they’d reunited, embraced one another, only to awaken with a chill and that well-known emptiness inside his chest. Or nightmares where he was met with scorn and needed to remind himself when he woke that Liam had never loathed him in such a way.

Even during his worst moments he had never been hated. Liam had cared for him when Bucky hadn’t even known who he was, when he couldn’t remember anything in the horrendous mess his mind had been. He didn’t think he deserved such forgiveness, but it had been offered nonetheless.

I’m sorry it took me so long to come to you. M’sorry I kept you waiting,” Bucky whispered, “You look — good. Great, actually. Like this place has treated ya well.

Liam seemed healthy and whole. Bucky didn’t know what he had been doing during his time here, if he’d even taken well to this strange new land. This wasn’t the first time they had ventured so far from home, and he somehow doubted that it would be the last but he couldn’t help but hope to find some sense of completion here — to finally be able to settle for more than just a short while. Pulling back carefully, he opened his eyes again so he could catch Liam’s gaze with his own.

They were as stunning as they’d always been. Bright and so full of a life that Bucky had barely even begun to understand.

@Liam

mono | art

Messages In This Thread
It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 09-06-2021, 07:18 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 07:54 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 09-06-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 09:21 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 09-26-2021, 06:11 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-29-2021, 05:47 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 12-20-2021, 01:59 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 12-30-2021, 12:13 PM