Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - It's Been a Long, Long Time

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

BUCKY & LIAM,

While there was a part of him that missed their small cabin and the warmer climate of Irialin, the coppery stallion knew that he wouldn't trade a single day spent with Bucky for anything in the world. Places were just that -- places. Their real home was located in each other's hearts, where they remained happily, forever, always. There had been so much that had happened in their lives. Bucky had been drafted into the military, he'd gotten captured and experimented on, while Liam willingly entered into a genetic experimentation program that changed him into the stallion he was today. He joined the military afterwards, rescued Bucky, and everything seemed okay for a bit before Bucky fell from a train and they were separated for some time.

Bucky didn't recognize him when they reunited. It'd been heartbreaking, but eventually, Liam broke through that brainwashing by uttering a single phrase that would sound simple when heard by an outsider. However, the phrase was uttered between the pair in the darkest and most crucial of moments in their friendship, and because of it, Bucky had been rescued from his brainwashing. Once that had happened, he'd disappeared for another two years, leaving Liam reeling after he'd recovered from injuries sustained in their skirmish. Bucky had been in his reach, but had slipped through just like sand did at the beach.

But now, Bucky was back for good, and Liam couldn't begin to utter his thanks to whatever gods were above. Vespera?

Bucky whispered that he missed Liam, and the copper-burnished stallion's heart quivered in his chest. "Bucky..." he breathed, his breath catching in his throat. Never before had he imagined having this in his life. They'd been close for as long as they could remember, but they had never actually gotten this far. Whenever Bucky was around, Liam found himself unable to breathe, engulfed in the tidal wave of feelings that he found that he had for the other stallion. It was with a startling revelation that he realized he'd always felt this way. It was sobering and exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time. Everything in him desired Bucky and ached to be near him at all times, and he felt like his world had no sun unless he was around the other stallion.

A soft noise of complaint escaped Bucky at the tug to his mane, and Liam nearly giggled like a foal. But he held together his composure and beams at Bucky as they pulled away. The other stallion had a look of amusement on his face, and Liam blushed gently, his entire body warming at the flirtation from-- his boyfriend? What was their relationship status these days? They were something before everything happened with Bucky; were they still together? It was time to find out, wasn't it? It was then that Bucky hit him with an even better flirtation, and Liam felt his jaw drop in surprise. "...Bucky!" He exclaimed, eyes wide before he pressed himself against the other stallion, needing and aching to be as close as he possibly could be. "Ya used to tell me that all the time, but I never believed ya because-- well--" He trailed off, not wanting to visit those days again.

Growing up, Liam had always been the smallest, weakest, frailest of their friend group, and he'd always been the last to get chosen whenever they were playing any sort of game that required teams. Even still, Bucky always used to tell him that he was a catch, that there would no doubt be someone who would come sweep him off his feet. Little did Liam know, Bucky wanted to be that someone.

Bucky's question drew him out of his reverie, and he cleared his throat, glancing around. "We're in Novus. We're in the Dusk Court, and this is Susurro Fields. It's a lot different than Caeleste, and even more different than Aklos and Agnosia. But it welcomed me with open arms, and I-- I don't know. I guess I could see us startin' a life here?" He inquired gently, turning his attention back to Bucky as he maneuvered himself so that they could easily look at each other again. Huffing softly at the next series of questions, he shook his head and inhaled deeply. "Surprisingly, I'm still learnin' about the citizens and everythin' havin' to do with this place. I-- may have been a hermit for over a year," he sheepishly admitted, nervous about answering the next question. "As for workin' in their military, yeah I was at one point, but now, I--" He hesitates for a moment, letting his eyes slide shut as he inhales deeply.

Opening his eyes, he gazed at Bucky and offered a timid smile. "There was a Sovereign -- it's their version of a ruler -- named Rhone. Unfortunately, he let Dusk Court go and basically disappeared. No one had seen him in weeks. I-- I challenged for the throne and I-- I'm the Sovereign now," he breathed, breath and voice tinged with nervousness, a sort that he hadn't felt in quite some time, not since he was a young foal faced with the most beautiful colt he'd ever seen, the very same colt that grew to be the stallion in front of him.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; Liam is so nervous and scared to tell Bucky asdlkfjsd ;w;
Tag;; @Buchanan
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Word count;; 876

mono

Messages In This Thread
It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 09-06-2021, 07:18 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 07:54 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 09-06-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 09:21 PM