Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - It's Been a Long, Long Time

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline mono [PM] Posts: 10 — Threads: 1
Signos: 520
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 492 Spring]  |  22 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

CAN YOU KEEP ME CLOSE,

Of course Liam had never believed him — scrawny thing that he’d been, Bucky knew the looks and avoidance he had been given during their younger years. Foals could be cruel in their taunting, and the youth of their childhood had been no different. Bucky could very easily remember all the times he had shut down the harsh, horrible words. He could also remember the thick skin needed to face that every day, and had not-so quietly admired Liam for it.

If he could bolster his friend, he had thought, then he would. Bucky had been boyishly charming in his own youth — certainly not the mess he was today. He’d never faced the harsh judgments that Liam had, but he had been undeniably drawn to his friend. The sharp wit, the heart of gold, and the moral compass that always seemed to point true — Bucky had known that there was something special about Liam, that he would go far one day. All he had ever wanted was to be able to see it, and to stand by Liam’s side as he finally realised his worth.

I know why ya never believed me,” he huffed gently, but there was no heat behind his words. Even with his fractured memory, Bucky remembered more about Liam than anyone else. He understood those difficulties faced in their childhood, and he couldn’t fault the other stallion for not having believed him back then. “Do you believe me now?

He was curious. His head was raised a bit, a brow arched in question, but the expression on his face remained soft and playful. If Bucky had to, he would remind Liam of just how stunning he was over and over again.

His attention turned outwards as well as he listened to what the place was. Novus. Dusk Court. It all sounded different from those places. Within Aklos he was just another faceless citizen in the crowd. Perhaps here he could just fade into the background again as well. Hearing that Liam thought that they could have a life here caught his attention and warmed him pleasantly with the thought. Perhaps they could. Perhaps this would be the place they finally called home for some time. Bucky knew they had become something of drifters throughout the years. Returning to Agnosia wasn’t quite possible — there was too much fresh hurt there, and he knew they wouldn’t be accepted. That little cabin in Aklos would always be there for them should they need it.

Bucky wasn’t surprised that Liam had worked in the military either. Being a soldier was practically in their blood now. That moment of hesitation, however, wasn’t missed. As soon as a mention of the former ruler was brought up, Bucky could feel every expectation he had plummet. He should have expected what Liam was about to say, but he couldn’t help the soft click of his tongue when the other stallion finally dropped the news. Sovereign. A leader, yet again.

This wasn’t going to allow for the peaceful, cushy life that Bucky had been hoping for just moments ago. Instead he could already picture the politics, the requirements — the _dangers_. He didn’t reply right away as he flicked his gaze away from Liam to eye the fields surrounding them once more.

I wish I could say m’surprised,” he muttered finally, inhaling deeply. In Agnosia Liam had been a leader — perhaps not for an entire court of people, but enough. Within Caeleste he had been a ruler as well. Aklos might have offered a small respite, but it wasn’t long before Liam was off again — and once more landing himself into a position of leadership. Sighing softly, he reached back out again to offer a reassuring touch to Liam. “If this is what you are wantin’, then you have my support. This fancy title of yours — does it come with any perks? Like hot water? ‘Cause I miss bathing in water I didn’t have to boil myself.

Bucky needed to tease. He couldn’t be right at Liam’s side for this — he was no leader himself, and he knew he played his role better from the shadows. He would be that shadow, that listening ear, and the silent pillar of support.

@Liam

mono | art

Messages In This Thread
It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 09-06-2021, 07:18 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 07:54 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 09-06-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 09:21 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 09-26-2021, 06:11 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-29-2021, 05:47 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 12-20-2021, 01:59 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 12-30-2021, 12:13 PM