Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - It's Been a Long, Long Time

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

BUCKY & LIAM,

Growing up, everyone thought he never saw the dirty looks, the sheer avoidance, the pure disgust in their eyes when they did look at him. Liam saw everything. He was incredibly perceptive, which meant that he saw things that others didn't. Of course, he couldn't tell Bucky; the darker stallion was the best out of the two of them when it came to flirting or trying to hop into a relationship with someone. Liam, on the other hand, was cast aside by anyone he tried to flirt with, tried to date. It was one reason he had thicker skin, and the number one reason why he made sure to be accepting of everyone he encountered, even if his first reaction was something completely different.

The complete opposite of Bucky, Liam had been small, a gangly-looking colt. His bones jutted out at awkward angles, he limped when he walked, and he wheezed when he breathed. To counteract all that he went through, he had a heart of gold, a quick and sharp wit, and an even sharper moral compass that never seemed to fail him. Since his mom had passed away, he'd remained true to his word, the promise that he made to her that he'd never let anything or anyone affect him, that he would remain strong even when he wasn't. It was hard most days, especially days that he found himself missing her the most, but he did it.

"Do you?" Liam huffed softly, his voice gentle and tender, almost as if he were afraid to hurt Bucky. Deep down, though, the copper-burnished stallion knew that Bucky knew, even despite his gruff exterior. Nickering softly, Liam pressed his forehead to the dark stallion's neck, breathing in his soft, comforting scent, the scent that was pure Bucky through and through. "I believe you now," he breathed, his voice catching as the wind carried it away.

The tiny chestnut orphan had grown up loved, cherished, and adored and it was all because of Bucky. The dark stallion made sure that every need, want, and desire had been taken care of, and Liam could never thank him enough.

Explaining what this place was took a bit of time, but only because there was so much beauty to explain. Deep down, Liam was nervous to tell Bucky anything. He wasn't sure what they were in terms of their relationship, but the copper-coated stallion certainly did not want to lose the best friend he'd ever had. Deep down, there was the fluttering of feelings toward the dark stallion, but Liam was always too afraid to act on them, to try and take that next step. What if Bucky rejected him? What if the other stallion laughed in his face because he thought the idea to be preposterous? It wasn't something that Liam would be able to survive or get over, and so, he just buried the feelings, buried his heart in order to save himself from pure embarrassment. Life in Novus was, hopefully, going to be easier. Agnosia had far too much fresh and painful hurt, but Aklos would always be there, their little cabin warm and ready to welcome them home if they ever needed it.

Being Sovereign here in Novus was both like and unlike being emperor in Caeleste. For one thing, he didn't feel like there was necessarily animosity between the leaders of the Courts in Novus. There was no one conniving in the dark to cause pain here. There was no one who wanted to cause a war between Courts by deceiving or lying. At least, none that Liam witnessed or heard. It was truly a peaceful place, one in which Liam could see them living peacefully together for the rest of their lives.

But it didn't seem like Bucky felt the same way. Not after Liam spoke of being Sovereign. Flattening his ears against his head, the copper-coated stallion inhaled shakily, uncertainty shining in his eyes for longer than he'd care to admit. Pulling his gaze away from Bucky, Liam looked toward the horizon, watching the sea for several long moments.

"I wish I could say m'surprised." He wasn't sure why but those words stung. Everything in the copper-burnished stallion encouraged him to lead, to be the one that others relied on. In Caeleste, he'd become the emperor after only a short time. It took a bit longer here in Novus, but it'd been something that he realized he enjoyed. In Aklos, it'd been a brief reprieve from leading, but then it wasn't but a short time before he was off leading again. Flaring his nostrils, Liam's mouth opened to speak until he heard the other stallions voice speaking again. Cautiously, nervously, Liam looked at Bucky again, an apprehensive expression on his face. "If you're wantin' perks like that, m'sure I can get ya somethin'. Hot water? A more comfortable bed? Is there anythin' else you'd like me to try and get? I can— I can try to get anything for you?" Liam inquired, brow furrowing slightly.

Above all else, Liam knew that Bucky couldn't be at his side again. It was one of the few main reasons he hadn't said anything about leading together again. It had been too much for Bucky, too strenuous for his recovery. "Look, I didn't tell you all this so that you could— so that you would lead alongside me. I don't— as much as I'd like that, it's not what you want. I don't want you to be unhappy here. I love having you around and I don't want to ruin that. I—" Liam paused, his heart racing in his chest. 'I love you,' his traitorous mind supplied. Swallowing thickly, Liam took a shaky breath and just gazed at his best friend. "I just like havin' ya around, is all. Don't want to ruin that by askin' ya to lead with me. Was a lot in Caeleste, and I think it'd be a lot harder here for you," he commented gently, trying hard to make it feel like it wasn't a judgmental comment. Liam was wholly supportive and concerned for Bucky's well-being and recovery.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; He almost sAID it.
Tag;; @Buchanan
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Word count;; 1022

mono

Messages In This Thread
It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 09-06-2021, 07:18 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 07:54 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Buchanan - 09-06-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: It's Been a Long, Long Time - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 09:21 PM