Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - titanic meeting

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

There's a moment where she speaks to the bird , and idly , he honestly wonders if the metaphor is truly lost on her , or if she's just needling at him again , continuing to play games . An annoyance , certainly , he would at least admit that much if pestered repeatedly to do so . But he says nothing , shows nothing . He misses the days of instead clashing with another body , of feeling nothing but the surge of adrenaline and the beating of hooves on hard ground . The dance of battle and the thunder of their fights . He misses the days where tournaments were king , and his crown was a fever dream that he had chased like a fool .

He blinks when she speaks again , fixing his glowing eye on her almost lazily . " I run my kingdom with the intent of trying to bring it back to life . Not all of us have the grace of having such a lively home , Israfel . Some of us have nothing but sand and the whispers of a broken land because of those that have left it to rot . " His voice is a low tone , but there's a deep truth that resonates there . The only reason he had chased this third time crown in the first place . There was no one else that dared step up to such a haunted position . Who would chase after something so broken ?

His eyes lid lazily , and a hoof cocks upward , resting on the very tip as his massive body gives to rest for a moment , at least temporarily . There is no fear between either of them . As much as she had threatened and postured to him , he gave nothing in turn to her . A true fighter knew when to posture and bare their teeth , though Leviathan had long grown tired of doing it with his own . He only gave what was coming to those that deserved it , without warning .

" I didn't come here for a pissing contest . " The blunt tone falls flat , lips curling just as lazily as the rest of him , and his heavy head shakes a little , mane falling over his scarred face a moment before he tosses it away . There is no give , no budge , not from either of them . The tension could very well be cut with a knife , until something finally gives .

But with one side giving , so too , does the other .

" I've only ever been a fighter myself ; Champion of Battle , or a soldier on the side . All my life , it's all I've done . You've served Novus for years , I've served Novus for a little bit , and my old home for years . I've had crowns , sure , but I've never been alone with them , either . I told you before , I don't do politics . The ones I've had that ruled at my side .. they've turned on me , the ones that were political . Their little games , their posturing , their sly moves ... that's why I don't like them . It's better to just be straightforward , or fight . Either or . I've bled and scrapped and fought for everything I've ever gotten . What I've achieved , what I've gotten , I've earned . " Those shoulders rise and fall , a heavy shrug that rocks his entire dappled body a moment before he snorts just a little bit .

He's certainly tired , but at least some of the tension has broken away , and his posture is still relaxed . He won't be going anywhere , either .

" I'm not here to posture or measure dicks , as hard as it is to believe coming from a Solterran . So , I'm sorry . I'm not used to playing the uh ... royalty thing , here . I haven't done it in a long time , especially on my own .  Turns out I'm a lot more of an asshole when I'm the only one in charge I guess and there's no one to temper me . "

@Israfel
cue me screaming at him always

Messages In This Thread
titanic meeting - by Leviathan - 09-07-2021, 11:29 PM
RE: titanic meeting - by Israfel - 09-11-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: titanic meeting - by Leviathan - 09-11-2021, 12:16 PM
RE: titanic meeting - by Israfel - 09-11-2021, 01:07 PM
RE: titanic meeting - by Leviathan - 09-11-2021, 01:53 PM
RE: titanic meeting - by Israfel - 09-12-2021, 10:45 AM
RE: titanic meeting - by Leviathan - 09-13-2021, 05:16 AM