Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - titanic meeting

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

" A change of atmosphere would be welcome . " Denocte's royal hall has more fancy silks and walls than Solterra's , and it has his hairs slightly on end if only because he feels too out of place here . He already misses home and the comfort of rough hewn stone and the Coliseum . " I much prefer mead but ale suffices at a time like this , I would think . "

While he speaks , he turns himself after her , heavy feathered hooves still muffled against such carpeted floors . It's still quiet , but better than the echo of the royal chambers he supposes , as he walks into the sitting room . Here it feels more comfortable , but it's still fancy in a way , and reminds him of an older home , much older . Carved into hot springs and the systems of caves , each one their own room with silks , pillows ... the memory is so violently there in his head he almost stumbles , and he shakes it off with a flick of his head . This isn't the time to lament the past , which is all he seems prone to doing lately .

What the fuck is wrong with him .

He manages to find a comfortable spot , wrenching himself back to the present and pouring a cup of his own , content and his posture as relaxed as it had been in the other room . For someone so battle ready , he holds no tension in his body , but he supposes if he held it all the time , he'd be ready to snap like a beartrap most days .

" No , I know it doesn't . I intend to shed the title of War Court . Solterra is a proud people , but not a bloodthirsty one . We do not jump into war at the simplest provocation . We value our strength and warriors , but it's time we use that to protect our people , and not attack others . I'm rather tired of hearing how we're nothing but warmongers . " He wrinkles his nose , and takes a long pull of the ale , mulling it over and looking down at his cup for a moment , sighing softly . Here , at least , he can be slightly open . " Those before me -- save perhaps Adonai -- used the old image to further their own agenda to be tyrants and take what they wanted . They never wanted to change . So my first intention is to change the court , and hope that it brings life with it . I need to find my people , Israfel . They've been scattered to the winds , all of them . Without its people , a Court is nothing . A court can have a Sovereign , but what is it without its people ? "

He makes a face , wrinkling his scarred maw all the more in annoyance at himself and at the fact there is nothing in Solterra . " I intend to seek out Solterrans , and change the old ways . It doesn't sound like much when I say it out loud , but considering how ingrained the old ways are ... " He snorts . It's a massive undertaking .

@Israfel

Messages In This Thread
titanic meeting - by Leviathan - 09-07-2021, 11:29 PM
RE: titanic meeting - by Israfel - 09-11-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: titanic meeting - by Leviathan - 09-11-2021, 12:16 PM
RE: titanic meeting - by Israfel - 09-11-2021, 01:07 PM
RE: titanic meeting - by Leviathan - 09-11-2021, 01:53 PM
RE: titanic meeting - by Israfel - 09-12-2021, 10:45 AM
RE: titanic meeting - by Leviathan - 09-13-2021, 05:16 AM