Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - To catch a spirit [bonded quest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

i don't wanna hear you've got a boyfriend
sometimes, you're better off alone
but if you change your mind, you know where I am
yeah, if you change your mind, you know where to find me

So this was it, or so it seemed to the stallion. His gaze slowly trailed up the mountain, following the many different paths to get to the peak. A low, slow whistle escaped his muzzle, before he shook his head, the comforting thump of a feather to his cheek reminding him he wasn't truly alone. He carried the heart and love of the tribe with him, "Still, that ain't gonna be no walk in the park. Reckon, that there is gonna be worse than meh first Vision Quest. 'N' I ain't no young, spry colt no mores." The drawl slipped quietly from his darkly tinted lips, words soft and slow, carelessly caressing the air as he grinned crookedly. Despite the travel he was going to have to do, there was an air of excitement in his heart.

He knew what was at the end of the quest after all. He'd heard stories of the bonded as soon as he got here. He knew what it would mean when he and Tyee didn't have that bond form. Tyee was a good dog, if not a little rambunctious for his very young age, but it mean something more personal was waiting for him. It was why he wasn't going to go on any ol' Quest. Not for this companion, not for this bonded. If it wasn't Tyee he was gonna speak too, it was only one other option. At the end of this quest, Keokuk had to be waiting, it just HAD to be Keo! 

So Rylan clicked his tongue to the little wolf-dog pup, calling the hybrid to heel, and the two began to climb, silence settling over the tribe raised stallion as the soft thump of the feather in his hair, the two against his leg kept him focused on his mind, his thoughts, his journey. He heard the soft whine, as the little pup grew tired at the half way mark, and the stallion lowered himself to the ground, letting the young wolf-dog climb onto his back, the pup wrapping paws around his neck, jaw planted between Ry's ears as he panted happily.

"Glad yer comfy, ya big lug. Yer kinda getting too big and heavy fer that!" He chastised the dog, only for the pup to gum at his ears. "Imma let Keokuk scare ya with them antlers of his when we find 'im!" The male grumbled, flicking his ears only for the pup to refind them. Perhaps it really was a good thing he hadn't bonded to Tyee, the pup would have driven him insane. Atleast Keokuk, while being a bit of a stick in the mud wasn't so wild like Tyee.

Though, Ry would be the first to admit how much he adored both. It was this love, this excitement that would keep him going to the top of the mountain, refusing to stop. He'd already been fasting in preparation, and as he came to the top he awkwardly side-eyed the four temples. He skirted around them respectively, not sure to handle a complete opposition to his own beliefs before he found a place to lay down, quietly building up a small fire, before tossing in the small packed bag of special herbs to induce his spirit quest, eyes closing as he breathed in the herb scented air.

'cause i don't ever wanna be your boyfriend

"Speech"
Thoughts
@None. Private Bonded Quest.
Notes: Spirit Journey time!

and never did i think that i
would be caught in the way you got me
push another girl aside and just give in

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
To catch a spirit [bonded quest] - by Rylan - 09-20-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: To catch a spirit [bonded quest] - by Rylan - 09-20-2021, 07:12 PM