Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - To catch a spirit [bonded quest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

i don't wanna hear you've got a boyfriend
sometimes, you're better off alone
but if you change your mind, you know where I am
yeah, if you change your mind, you know where to find me

The stallion took in a deep breath, eyes closing, even as Tyee seemed to whine over the sudden lack of action. Ry snorted softly, nudging his muzzle towards the pup that was still clinging to his back and neck, before shaking the pup off to the side, and promptly pinning the wolf-hybrid against his chest with his muzzle. The pup whined a little more before finally settling down and licking beneath his jaw as the two merely lay, and breath. And breath. And breath. And breath. And breath. And Breath. And Breath. And breath. And breath. And breath. And breath. And breath.

The colors began to leak in, even from behind his closed eyes, pastel hues that seem to distort the world around him. As he blinked his eyes open, he took a moment to look around at the pink and blue and yellow that seemed to mix together in some halo-ed, tie-dye effect across the sky. His gaze turned further around them, at the purple of the mountain, the cotton candy pink of clouds, and the very sweet taste to the air. He grinned, slowly standing up, stepping away from the still form of Tyee, from his own frozen form on the physical realm, not sparing either a glance, as his hooves carried him silently, not a step left behind in his wake.

Left behind, the dog and horse appeared to have fallen into a deep sleep, but where the dog slept silently, peacefully, Rylan's spirit was soaring. He seemed to just run, and run, and run, and run, all while breathing in, tasting that sweetness on the air. All around him the world seemed to glide past him, as if on hyper drive, and he chuckled to himself at the thought. Hyper-drive indeed. A whooshing of colors, features that he recognized in passing, that told him where his spirit was being drawn too.

He passed over the village he grew up in, seeing the frozen tribe, stopped in their tracks, in the middle of what they were doing. He paused, slowing to briefly touch the shoulder of his mother, passing through it with his muzzle, but imagining the softness she always seemed to have. Her warmth. The way she smelled. He smiled gently, soft and warm, before turning and continuing further. Towards the first place he'd had this very quest, when he was but a foal, still clumbsy in step, and stupid in thought. His steps slowed as he followed that old path, and from the corner of his eyes, he could see the gleaming form in the trees.

Shy glimpses of a powerful beast. Long, lean limb from behind a tree. Silver antlers lost among the darker hues of the branches. The occasional glimpse of a whispy form. He slowed as he approached the clearing where he'd first come across Keokuk. He stopped in the center, his gaze glancing around, curious, hopeful, eager. "Keokuk, C'mon bud, don't keep meh waitin'! I know yer here! Ain't no-one else whose gonna know about this place! Where are ya buddy?" The stallion called out, trying to keep the eager excitement from his voice, even as he spun around with a vibrant smile, delighted eyes as the sound of a large body pushed past the trees.

'cause i don't ever wanna be your boyfriend

"Speech"
Thoughts
@None. Private Bonded Quest.
Notes: Spirit Journey time!

and never did i think that i
would be caught in the way you got me
push another girl aside and just give in

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
To catch a spirit [bonded quest] - by Rylan - 09-20-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: To catch a spirit [bonded quest] - by Rylan - 09-20-2021, 07:12 PM