Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - To catch a spirit [bonded quest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

i don't wanna hear you've got a boyfriend
sometimes, you're better off alone
but if you change your mind, you know where I am
yeah, if you change your mind, you know where to find me

Ry's grin was boundless as he took a step forward, his eyes roaming over the silvery form that ghosted through the tree edge, pushing past the grass and foliage, "Keokuk" He breathed, before his voice came louder, more joyful, "KEOKUK! It is ya! I've missed ya so much!" He whinnied before racing forward, kicking up his heels in the process, circling around the spirit stag before pressing his muzzle against Keokuk's as well, Rylan. You seem well. The spirit said quietly, his voice echoing through Rylan's mind like it had when he was younger.

Rylan chuckled, standing taller, eyes brighter, "All grown up, too! And I didn't get eaten by an'thin' either!" He stated proudly, as Keokuk rolled his eyes good-naturedly, Yes, well done on mastering the basics of survival, young one. Glad you can manage to go six years with out joining me on the spiritual realm. You've exceeded my expectations for you. The stag retorted, only half joking. There had been a point when he'd worried the colt would get into trouble, following that filly around. How the boy thought the filly would ever return his silly emotions, he had no idea.

Boy always preferred the other colts anyway . . . Even Keokuk could see that. But at least he was starting to catch onto his preferences now. Willing to admire a female, but staring at the males. Hopeless, the boy was, truly. It was lucky for him that Keokuk was going to become his bonded, he clearly needed more guidance now than at any point before. He turned towards the stallion who was practically prancing in excitement and had to keep from sighing. Yes, he would need quite a bit of time to make sure this stallion could shape up proper . . . . Find a mate, settle down, and hopefully somewhere along the way, calm down too. If such a thing was ever possible.

Rylan tilted his head, still grinning in never ending excitement, "We should be headin' back! I don't know how much longer any of this is gonna work for, ya know? It feels like I've been dreamin' for a while now." The stallion commented thoughtfully, and the stag nodded once, stepping forward and touching his muzzle to his head. Yes, time to wake up. I shall be waiting for you on that plane when you do. The stag said, even as Rylan felt his body growing heavier. and heavier, and heavier and heavier.

His head suddenly plummeted, cracking his jaw against the top of Tyee's skull, and both of them making a distressed sound. The pup scrambled back with a yip, as Ry's eyes snapped open and he rolled his jaw, trying to get the feeling back and cringing, "Oww, Tyee, yer head's harder than a rock!" He complained, slowly standing up, and blinking the last of the effects of the herbs off, You can hardly blame him for your own lack of coordination. Instantly Rylan's eyes flew open, his grin returning as he turned to face a much more solid (if one can call a whispy spirit, 'solid', version of Keokuk, "Yer here! Keokuk! Yer really here!" The stallion was once more practically dancing in place, causing the arrowhead at his chest to thump in rhythm with his movements, "This is amazing. Wait. Can I touch you here too?" He asked, rushing forward, only for his muzzle to go straight through his bonded's body, and instantly pouting, I can choose how tangible I want this form to be . . . . I prefer being more apparition, however, I suppose; on occasion, I can tolerate a more solid state of being for your benefit. The stag grew more solid as he spoke.

Rylan didn't hesitate, diving forward and embracing his oldest friend in a tight hug, his neck over Keokuk's, his muzzle pressed tightly against his shoulder, and the stag couldn't help but let out a soft, tender smile for his colt that had become a well-grown stallion, and hugged the male back.

'cause i don't ever wanna be your boyfriend

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@None. Private Bonded Quest.
Notes: Spirit Journey time!

and never did i think that i
would be caught in the way you got me
push another girl aside and just give in

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
To catch a spirit [bonded quest] - by Rylan - 09-20-2021, 05:32 PM