Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Hey honey, I'm on my way

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 16 — Threads: 4
Signos: 0
Night Court Citizen
Male [He/Him]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

To hold my tongue except when I try to pray...

Rylan puzzles for a few moments over what the Oasis holds. There is a boyish smile on his face as he swivels his head back to face Reinhart. The gray stag feels his heart pause a moment as he admires the way Rylan's hair shifts wildly with his movements. There is something about his expression and demeanor that makes his heartache slightly. There are some mannerisms that he sees in Rylan in these few moments that remind him of Evander. He can't tell how shallow his feelings are for the buckskin yet. They seem to be as wild as this whole encounter. The buckskin proclaims that what was in the water was a mystery worth solving. He spoke of elders, another concept that escapes Reinhart. "You'll do best to ask the people who live here in Solterra about it. They will know more than me." Reinhart responds to Rylan. There is a pause before he asks his next question. "What do you mean when you say an elder might be hiding here?" He asks with his head tilted slightly. The curls of his hair fall down around his jawline as he moves his head.

The conversation transitions again back toward Reinhart and how he thinks about the stag that Rylan calls Keo. He suggests pretending that Keo is a regular stag, but that is near impossible for him. Keo is not solid flesh and bone. Although he has heard of strange-looking creatures, he isn't sure that he can accept that. That would mean that he would have to accept that magic and gods were real. Then he might really be like the rest of his family, the ones who believe that House Vogelstein is cursed. He gives a gentle shrug of his shoulders when Rylan apologizes that he can't explain it. Reinhart appreciates that maybe the rules of another world or realm are different than Novus. Perhaps Novus is just respecting those rules, but that still means that there are rules at a higher level that aren't easy to understand. The thought is still enough that it does not challenge the very core of his beliefs.

"I suppose we probably aren't supposed to know everything. It's alright." He responds. The sheepish smile disappears from Rylan's face a few moments as he begins to ask where Reinhart is from and how many lands are in Novus. There is a soft smile and chuckle that come from Reinhart. "I'm from Denocte or the Night Court. There is Solterra, the Day Court, Delumine the Dawn Court, and Terrastella the Dusk Court." He responds to Rylan. "Then there are the lands in between those kingdoms. Their cultures are all vastly different with minimal overlap. There are some Vagabonds that claim the lands in between as home mostly... Nomads of sorts. Novus is quite a big world if you stop and think about it." He explains.

"I could show you around Denocte sometime if you'd like. I'm not much help with Solterra, but my cousin Sebastien might be of some help to you."

@Rylan
He's so dang cute

... try to breathe words out, But I’ve got nothing to say

Messages In This Thread
Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Rylan - 09-21-2021, 12:37 PM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Reinhart - 09-21-2021, 01:22 PM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Rylan - 09-21-2021, 02:39 PM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Reinhart - 09-21-2021, 03:45 PM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Rylan - 09-21-2021, 04:51 PM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Reinhart - 09-24-2021, 11:15 AM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Rylan - 09-24-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Reinhart - 10-15-2021, 03:30 PM