Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Broadening Horizons (Pol x Liatris)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 12 — Threads: 2
Signos: 30
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  17.2 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

He’d spent two years in Novus. Most of it as a recluse. He spent so much time in the library now that he scarcely spent any time outside. He’d been studying the origins of novus, in hopes that he could find some glimpse of elysium's past, or herstials - his mothers childhood home- but he’d had no luck.  The librarian had kicked him out this morning. 

“You’ve spent far too much time here. Look at you! When was the last time you spent a night outside of this library. Go…” she was about to say read a book or something. He could tell. “You can’t make ‘being a scholar’ your only personality trait. Out you go now! Shoo!” She’d practically chased him out the wide wooden door. Into the forest.  

He did know it rather well at this point - he’d studied the maps enough times- but it always struck him how tall the trees were. He'd never visited the eternal woods before elysium fell. But, his mother had told him so many stories of it. He could conjure the image so vividly in his mind, sometimes he was surprised that there weren’t artax leaping through the trees in Viride too. 

He wandered somewhat aimlessly through the trees, lost in thought. It was always that way when he let himself drift into memories of the past. He would think of his brother, who he scarcely remembered. Or his mama cav… where the situation was the same. They had both left while he was young. So often he wondered about his mama Lu. Not many had made it out of elysium. But she was immortal, Vega had bestowed it upon her. Hardly a night went by where he didn’t plead to every god under the sun that she was alive somewhere.

He was so lost in thought, in fact, that he didn’t notice the mare in front of him, until he had bumped head first into her side. He stumbled back quickly, stuttering a string of apologies. “Im… I’m so sorry. I. wasn’t looking where I was going” She was a strange looking creature. But no stranger than most of the inhabitants here. “Um… I’ll just. Uh…” he started to move around her. 

@Polar North

He’s a book full of footnotes brought to life. He’s a jacket made of elbow patches.

@Liatris

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broadening Horizons (Pol x Liatris) - by Liatris - 09-21-2021, 09:08 PM