Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - bygone days

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

The Dusk Court is certainly different from home but he misses the sand , the warmth of the wind on his face . Here there's a chill in the air of an impending change in the seasons , one that lingers around the corner , and he can feel the shuffle of Enyo in his mane again , pressing down against his nape . She's growing rapidly , but she can still hide against his scarred nape and find a hiding spot in the dark hairs .

He longs to already go home , but diplomacy demands he mend the errors of his predecessors that soiled all of Solterra that screamed that Day Court was war and bloodthirst , when it had never been such a thing . He hates this shit . He wants to go home , and maybe seek out Oren and maybe sleep a little more before his advisors come to pester him about everything else .

While he's been cleaning the Court , it's been so empty . The citizens are far and in between , and the projects of fixing the markets and coliseum are an undertaking all themselves . It's constant maintenance , and they don't have enough bodies , and he finds himself more often than not joining the people in working . He sleeps hard and heavy because he exerts himself on the daily , but there's nothing like pushing himself to at least keep thoughts at bay .

He blinks , and tips his head slightly to angle his good eye , glowing icy blue eye glancing as the doors open and he steps his heavy frame inward , pausing when there are two in front of him . One gives him an angry look almost immediately , and his large ears flick back almost , eye hooding as he feels a dip of ice in his belly . It seems to follow him wherever he goes , doesn't it ? Though the look is gone , Leviathan only shrugs away the tension , resting himself on his hooves a moment , holding himself with a posture that .. isn't befitting anything like a ruler . Three times , and he still doesn't act any sort of ruler .

"I'm Leviathan , Sovereign of Solterra . I came here to speak with you , because I know Solterra's past rulers have made asses of themselves and ripped any sort of relations apart . I'm here to attempt to mend things . " He doesn't speak like a ruler , either . But he isn't built for it , never has been . Years and years , and he's never molded to fit the crown . He doesn't care to try and change himself for it , either . But at least he isn't being an asshole about it , and his head dips just a little as the small saurian crawls up to the top of his skull , leaning down and chattering at Liam curiously , yellow eyes peering at him as she yawns , waking herself up .

" I'll make it short , because I'm not good at being diplomatic . It isn't my sort of thing . I'm a fighter , a warrior . Being silver tongued and political isn't my sort of thing , so I'll try not to take up too much of your time , if that's alright with you . "

@Liam

you're all good <3

Messages In This Thread
bygone days - by Leviathan - 09-21-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 09-23-2021, 11:43 PM
RE: bygone days - by Leviathan - 09-26-2021, 10:21 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 10-02-2021, 10:01 AM
RE: bygone days - by Leviathan - 10-03-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 10-09-2021, 10:22 PM
RE: bygone days - by Leviathan - 10-11-2021, 11:14 AM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 10-16-2021, 01:22 AM
RE: bygone days - by Leviathan - 10-24-2021, 07:16 PM