Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - bygone days

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

Ruling never did get easier , new faces were commonplace , but in Solterra , he knew many faces , or thought that he did . Many of them were nothing but ghosts now , lingering in the sands and in his mind . Faces with names that perhaps only he carried now , and faces he likely would never see again . It churns deep , dredging up rough memories , and he shakes them free , pushing them down and flicking an ear instead , gently tapping it against Enyo and feeling the response in their bond of combined annoyance and amusement . She turns her head and nips at his ear instead , reaching for it and catching it , claws carefully pulling at it as she entertains herself , and takes her attention off of Liam . As intelligent as she is , she's still a baby , and prone to being more entertained by his ears instead .

The confirmation of the alliance brings a sense of ease . At least he can right some wrongs of the tyrants of Solterra , who had marked the Court as one of war . He loathed that it was all Solterra was known for now ; bloodshed and war . Things that only painted them as creatures that sought to fight and dig in proverbial teeth and fangs to make war . He hates it . But then something else strikes him , and his ears immediately fall back , eyes narrowing just slightly and muzzle wrinkling upward .

A poor leader ?

" I never said I was a poor leader . While once upon a time , there was a time where I was , I improved , and the times where I ruled after that , I was perfectly capable . So I wouldn't claim I was a poor leader any time recently . " His words come out a little colder than originally anticipated . His last crown had been stable , but the lands had not been . They had crumbled into nothing , the gods themselves had taken the entire place down . But he had a stable line , a stable land and people , ones that had looked up to him . His icy eye narrows , the glow deepening slightly and his golden fangs showing when his lips peel up into a cold smile for a moment .

It seems to only grow a little more tense when the other looks at him , and simply tells him he'll be going into a hospital and won't be taking a no for an answer . " You will be taking a no for an answer , because I am not one of your courtly citizens , Liam . You may be able to mother hen over all of them and get them to do what you want , but you cannot and will not make me do something I do not want to do ." His lips peel up a little more , and Enyo suddenly shifts , uncomfortable . The small saurian makes a gentle noise and climbs down his neck , against his shoulders , hiding deeper into his mane as she buries into the hair there as best as she can .

"We can discuss the terms here or not at all ." He has no patience to play games with this , and he will not simply be badgered into doing something that someone else is attempting to force on him . He's healing fine on his own . As much as the wounds are opened , he's been working on healing at home with aloe and other herbs , things he knows will work . Being a warrior means he knows what works and what doesn't , the dozens of scars all over his body tell stories of how he's survived his immortal life as it is ; he knows how to take care of himself and his wounds from whatever he takes on in his years of living .

@Liam !

Messages In This Thread
bygone days - by Leviathan - 09-21-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 09-23-2021, 11:43 PM
RE: bygone days - by Leviathan - 09-26-2021, 10:21 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 10-02-2021, 10:01 AM
RE: bygone days - by Leviathan - 10-03-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 10-09-2021, 10:22 PM
RE: bygone days - by Leviathan - 10-11-2021, 11:14 AM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 10-16-2021, 01:22 AM
RE: bygone days - by Leviathan - 10-24-2021, 07:16 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 11-03-2021, 03:37 PM