Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 25
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

The fae finds him long before he arrives before her. He can see the wariness in her eyes at first, and then as his magic slithers around her and settles, it vanishes. Sebastien can tell that it at least has some effect on her, but she is not at the level where she is totally receptive to him. He watches as the dust spills from her frame and he notices the invigorating feeling it produces in him. The fae greets him and then warns him that his interests may bring peril. A charming smile crosses his lips as he peers at her. It is perfectly timed thanks to his magic. She confirms that she is indeed a fae, and at first she hesitates. Sebastien wonders what causes the hesitation, but he does not allow his curiosity to reflect. If anything he seems oblivious to the hesitation. As if he is interested in a simple, pleasant conversation alone. She tells him that she is a member of the summer court and a medic of Denocte. Sebastien visibly perks up as she mentions this fact. The bronc waits a few more moments for her because his magic guides him to remain quiet. It is how he navigates most conversations, his gravity is always there to assist him.

Then finally, she divulges her name. He wonders how aware she is of the danger she is in. How those words will haunt her at night when she thinks of him. Sebastien hopes that they will one day fill her with regret. None of these desires are clear on his face, instead, he appears simple to her. Interested in the conversation, and that he has no ulterior motives buried beneath. "It's lovely to meet you too, Caelum Medic of Denocte." He smiles as he speaks again. It is not predatory, not to her he hopes. "As for perilous interests... I've never really been someone shy to potential danger. Knowledge of dangerous things can be useful, especially if it means you know how to protect yourself and your loved ones from the danger." Sebastien answers her, and his words are only half-truths. Half-truths because he does not intend to use the knowledge for protection but for manipulation and suffering. "But I don't believe all Fae to be dangerous by nature... I have healthy respect let's say." He grins again, the charm of his magic flares momentarily and he feels a pang of weariness from it.

There is a pause between them, and then Caelum asks what brings him to the festival. Sebastien appears thoughtful for a few moments as he studies her. His gaze is warm and unassuming. He notes the fruits she has been nibbling on and the dust that continually falls from her frame. "While I might live in Denocte now, I am originally from Solterra. The festival brings me the nostalgia of my childhood. I'm a recent transplant in Denocte, I wanted to learn more about the world of Novus. I intend to learn in every court. What about you, Caelum?" He asks her and studies the way her bodice relaxes in his presence. He can see some hesitation still and so he does not press his luck. Not yet. Caelum needs to be lured into his gravity, and she needs to come to seek him out. That is the only way his magic will sink deeper and deeper into her.

"Would you maybe indulge a scholar? I can show you around Solterra if you'll tell me stories about your people. You're the first fae I've had the honor of meeting. I'd like to hear about your people from you rather than dusty pages in a library. First-hand experiences are vastly more important in my opinion.  Books merely contain history, while living breathing individuals have lived it." It is easy to tell that he does indeed have a passion for knowledge. What is hidden below the surface is his motives. Sebastien is thankful he can easily lean into his very authentic interests.

@Caelum I'm also excited for this a;djf sorry for the wait <3

Messages In This Thread
Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Caelum - 09-26-2021, 08:44 PM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Sebastien - 10-22-2021, 11:26 PM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Caelum - 10-23-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Sebastien - 12-21-2021, 11:21 AM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Caelum - 12-22-2021, 11:50 AM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Sebastien - 01-21-2022, 07:03 PM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Caelum - 01-22-2022, 01:33 AM