Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 25
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

Sebastien studies her as his magic drifts around her before it pulls her in. It takes time, but it is obvious she seems a little less wary to him. He smiles at her warmly. At least his expressions are something he can control. Caelum doesn't know that his smile is because he knows she's been pulled in close enough to succumb to the tides of his magic. He listens as she explains the Fae don't often like to give up information, and they favor coveting it. His visage tilts slightly as he listens to her explanations of the Fae. Sebastien is not surprised when he corrects him on the nature of her people. They are inherently dangerous, and he frowns thoughtfully in response. "It would seem that my books do not do your people justice. What little I have been able to glean has not alluded to the Fae favouring knowledge. While I understand that certain types of knowledge can cause catastrophic events... other types should be shared. Do the Fae see all knowledge as equal?" Sebastien asks her next, and while his intentions are to make her his next prize, he is intrigued to learn more about the Fae. He allows a pause before he makes another comment on the Fae and the dangerous intentions they have. "Sounds like the Fae would make good politicians... What are the intentions of the Fae then? If they are dangerous, are they always dangerous? Are they only self-serving for your kin as a whole... or do the Fae seek to do intentional harm?" The questions may seem loaded, but the way he asks the questions, it is clear that he is simply seeking to understand.

Caelum offers that her people and the Solterrans are similar. Festive with a vibrant culture. She asks about the coronation and the festivals. If they offer festivals for certain dates, or to celebrate certain things. "Coronations in Novus are always different. While there are persisting cultural norms in each court, it largely falls to the ruler how coronations go. Most tend to provide speeches about what they envision as the future for their new subjects, and others have said few words. Some throw lavish parties. As for festivals... Solterra is indeed a festive culture in my experience. What the court celebrates can fall on the shoulders of the Sovereign, or the people. Solis is a staple of the court and celebrations in his honor are familiar. I view Solterran festivities as a celebration of life, and the way we live." Sebastien offers the information to her based on his own life experiences. Sure, she could find it in a book but hearing it from a native of Solterra was another thing entirely.

Caelum's next words are the ones that interest him the most. She explains she is honor-bound not to divulge secrets, and that she will not betray her people again. Despite the now insatiable curiosity bubbling up from his core, he knows he cannot ask about this yet. This is just her first experience with his magic. The more often she's exposed to him, the better it will work, and the more he will be able to learn. Instead, Sebastien smiles at her with a chuckle. "You say that like I'm going to be asking for secrets when in reality I would like to hear about your culture. What do your people love and cherish? What does it mean to call yourself Fae? Things like that. Things you can share. Sometimes it's nice to share cultures because then you can make friends who know what is important to you... After all your culture is an important part of your identity is it not?" He offers to her. Sebastien is satisfied with his choice of words and can focus on the continual use of his magic.

@Caelum sorry a;fj <3 

Messages In This Thread
Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Caelum - 09-26-2021, 08:44 PM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Sebastien - 10-22-2021, 11:26 PM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Caelum - 10-23-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Sebastien - 12-21-2021, 11:21 AM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Caelum - 12-22-2021, 11:50 AM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Sebastien - 01-21-2022, 07:03 PM
RE: Dead Flowers | SOL FESTIVAL - by Caelum - 01-22-2022, 01:33 AM