Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - once upon a dream —

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

A I S L I N N
stardust and hurricanes she was

Once more, the winged fae found herself wandering; ever drifting. Before she knew it, Calligo's sweet darkness had spilled over the never-ending sky, like a bottle of ebony ink emptied onto a painted canvas. She had been absent from Court for several days now, her legs taking her to new destinations unlike she had ever known in this world. The gypsy in her was restless; snapping at the bit to be unbound. So she wandered, taking a short leave of absence to center herself again.

Since dawn first broke that day she had walked, her wing still clipped and healing — ever slowly, tediously — from her spar with Rostislav. She ached to swim in the great obsidian Night that was her true Mother, her Calligo. The stars glimmered, beckoning for her to join them, as she climbed higher still to the Peak. If she could not worship Her from the midnight skies themselves, she would at least roam to the highest earthbound point she could reach.

And oh, how the air vibrated the closer she climbed. A stairway to heaven, to the twinkling sea of stars so so close to her that she could almost touch them. Her hoofbeats clicked softly on the stones, her mind racing with memories of her times here before; when she visited with Luna, and once before with a mysterious button-eyed girl.

Her heart constricted as thoughts of her late mother flooded her as she leveled out, deaf and unseeing to anyone who might have been in the aclove. She sniffled softly, breath escaping her as sapphire orbs widened to marvel on the statues and.. her king.

Reichenbach. His very presence had her racing, every thought and molecule burning in answer to an unspoken question. Ears flicking, the dark mare only watched silently as her sovereign, the embodiment of Night-in-the-flesh, shadows and stars, laid there and prayed. Her heart twisted, the ache of warmth from his skin a ghost where her wing had brushed his shoulder on the stormy cliffs. She caught his ending words, her body angling to leave; intrusive, and entering something that was very, very private.

Something had her hesitating; a chord stringing tightly in her chest. Angling her crown, she brushed her starlit mane from her eyes as she dipped her head. "May Calligo bless you as well, my King," she said so so softly, as not to startle her sovereign, as gentle smile — albeit embarrassed — smile pulling at the corners of her lips. "may she be the stars in your eyes and the night-blessed breeze in your mane, always."

@reichenbach hello darling <3
Not my best post, I'm sorry :c
"Aislinn speech."

Messages In This Thread
once upon a dream — - by Reichenbach - 08-22-2017, 04:08 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Aislinn - 08-22-2017, 07:49 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Reichenbach - 08-23-2017, 06:39 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Aislinn - 08-23-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Reichenbach - 08-28-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Aislinn - 08-29-2017, 11:24 PM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Reichenbach - 08-31-2017, 01:22 AM
RE: once upon a dream — - by Aislinn - 08-31-2017, 10:55 PM